We’ve all had those weekends where we may have had a few too many glasses of wine, gave into an ice cream craving or had 100 slices of pizza. Come Monday you feel puffy, bloated, sluggish and SO READY to start detoxing and “getting your diet back on track”…sound familiar? This Green Detox Drink will help cleanse your body and get you back on track whether it’s Monday morning or mid-week.
Detoxifying benefits of the Green Detox Drink:
- Ginger- Helps stimulate digestion and total body circulation. It cleanses the buildup of toxins and waste in your liver, color and other major organs.
- Parsley- Increases the productivity of liver enzymes to detoxify the body and is especially useful for removing heavy metals. In addition, it acts as a diuretic cleansing your blood and kidneys.
- Spinach- Aids with digestion due to its high fiber content and provides powerful antioxidants.
- Romaine lettuce- This surprising superfood helps prevent plaque buildup on your arteries and regulates blood pressure.
- Mango- Helps this drink not taste like crap. Just kidding, they are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants for overall health.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (I LOVE ginger- feel free to reduce this to 1/2 tbsp)
- ½ cup parsley
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1-1.5 cups spinach
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until there are no chunks. The Green Detox Drink should be a juice like consistency not thick like a smoothie.
If I know my morning is going to be crazy I sometimes prepare this drink the night before and just pour it into a Blender Bottle. In the morning I can just give it a couple good shakes to blend together and it’s still absolutely delicious!
What is your favorite easy green drink recipe?