Eating healthy during the week can be extremely challenging. I personally am out the door for work at 7:30am, off at 6pm, make it to the gym or yoga by 7pm and get back home at 8:30pm. At 8:30 at night there is no way I’m cooking up some healthy Pintrest meal. I need something fast and filling ASAP!
All the ingredients for this salad can be found at Trader Joe’s and cost about $10. This recipe serves 4 people so I usually whip this salad up in 5 minutes grab 2 bowls and 2 Tupperware, divide it up and BOOM dinner AND lunch for the next day is served. Sometimes I’ll add rotisserie chicken or some other protein I have on hand but either way it’s very filling.
Please note the hot and sweet cherry peppers are a little bit on the spicy side so if you do not like heat use less.
- 1 bag arugula
- 1 jar hot and sweet cherry peppers
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 tub crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 21 seasoning salute
- Place arugula into a large bowl
- Open hot and sweet cherry peppers and reserve 3 Tbsp of the liquid in the jar (this is for your dressing)
- Chop cherry peppers and artichokes and add to the bowl along with the goat cheese (I use the whole tub of goat cheese but you do not have to)
- In a small bowl combine 2 Tbsp olive oil with the 3 Tbsp of cherry pepper liquid
- Sprinkle in 21 seasoning salute (I usually do about 2 tsp)
*Note: If you’re making this for lunches for the next day DO NOT dress the whole salad and I would not mix the goat cheese in with everything- just sprinkle it on top. Soggy salads are the WORST!
Whats your go-to weeknight dinner?