Let me first say posting these progress pictures online is a lot harder than it may seem. It’s very personal to share your body but I truly hope that I can inspire someone to get up and get active and better their health.
Now for the celebration….
I did it!! Weeks 1-4 of Kayla Itsines’s Bikini Body Guide aka BBG are officially completed and I could not be more excited about the results I’m already seeing. I don’t notice much of a change in my arms or legs but WOW my stomach. I’m so pleased seeing that lower belly pooch shrink away little by little.
What I’m most proud of myself for is not just that I kind of have abs now but how much stronger I feel. It’s incredible not only seeing results but really feeling them as well. In weeks 1 and 2 I really struggled through the moves but redoing the same circuits in weeks 3-4 was so motivating. I felt so much stronger and was able to really push myself to levels I never even knew were achievable.
On to weeks 5-8 and I’m terrified. Some of the moves stay the same but you do more reps and new much more complex moves are also introduced to really challenge your body. Kayla recommends for weeks 5-8 to do the following:
- 2-3 sessions of resistance training or her BBG workouts which are broken down into (legs & cardio, arms & abs and abs & cardio) for these weeks
- 4-5 sessions of LISS (low intensity steady state) training such as 35-45 minutes of power walking
- 1 stretch session
I didn’t know there were 9 days in a week to fit in 3 resistance days, 5 LISS days and 1 stretch day? Kidding, but WOW that’s a lot to fit in. However, when I decided to do the BBG I committed to doing it right and not taking any short cuts so I’m going to have to adjust my personal schedule to make this all work.
Adjusting my schedule is going to be HARD! I pay too much for my Corepower Yoga membership and LOVE it too much not to go 3 times a week and am also training for my 3rd half marathon on January 17th…I’m crazy I know. “If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.” Words I live by.
- Monday- BBG Arms & Abs + 35 minute walk on lunch break for LISS #1
- Tuesday- 35 minute power walk on treadmill before work for LISS #2 + yoga for stretch
- Wednesday- 35 minute walk on lunch break for LISS #3 + yoga for stretch
- Thursday- BBG Abs & cardio
- Friday- Slow 3 mile run before work for LISS #4 + BBG Legs & Cardio after work
- Saturday- Yoga for stretch
- Sunday- Run 10 miles for LISS
Have you ever completed all 12 weeks of BBG? If so please give me some advice on how to fit all of this exercise into your weekly workout schedule!