Fitness, Race Recaps

Rock ‘N’ Roll Seattle Marathon

rock and roll marathon

I’M OFFICIALLY RUNNING MY FIRST FULL MARATHON!

Last year I made my 2015 resolution to run my first half marathon. I signed up for the Rock ‘N’ Roll San Diego Half Marathon with my mom and definitely caught the runner bug. Running gives me such a sense of accomplishment and clarity it’s addicting. I’m constantly craving more which is why the challenge of running a full marathon is so alluring.

The Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Series did such an incredible job organizing the race last year which is a huge reason why I decided to make my first full marathon experience with this organization. Fellow runners know come race day it’s so important for things to be as stress free as possible.

Running a marathon is a HUGE deal, honestly this is probably one of the most challenging things I’ve ever decided to do. I contemplated doing my first full marathon in San Diego just to make things easy, but THIS IS A HUGE DEAL! And who knows if I’ll ever be crazy enough to run another marathon or if I’ll even survive this first one? To make running my first marathon as special as possible I chose to do it in Seattle.

rockandroll

I’ve always wanted to visit Seattle. The beer, the culture, the food, the lights…did I mention the beer? And what better of an excuse to finally make it up north than to run a marathon? The Seattle Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon is June 18th giving me plenty of time to prepare both physically and mentally.

randrsd4

I realize that running a full marathon is going to take a lot of hard work and dedication. Goodbye social life and hello hours of training, stretching, icing and mentally preparing. I thrive off challenging myself and lets be honest I much prefer a relaxing night in to a wild night of partying these days anyway so changing my lifestyle won’t be much of an issue.

No joke, I’m 25 going on 85 and get drunk off of 1/2 a glass of wine haha.

randr2

As much as I love a good challenge I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. In fact, I’m scared to death of running 26.2 miles. When I registered I had butterflies in my stomach just entering my in my information much less actually lining up on the starting line! I really don’t think the human body is meant to run that much. The longest I’ve ever ran is a half marathon which is 13.1 miles and I’m dead after that.

This is going to push me both mentally and physically to new levels and I cannot wait to pursue this dream of finishing a full marathon in 2016!

Marathon runners, PLEASE give me some helpful advice!!!

• Reply Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things December 18, 2015 at 9:48 am

Ahhhh this is super exciting!! I’m obsessed with Seattle and it’s currently my favorite city, you’re going to have so much fun! Running a marathon is something on my bucket list and whenever I do pull the trigger, I want it to be in a fun place so it’s an excuse to travel:) I can’t wait to read about your training! I’m excited for you!

• Reply Diana Becker December 18, 2015 at 11:10 am

I’d love to hear some recommendations for places to eat and things to do in Seattle! Thank you so much for you support and definitely stay tuned for my training and this whole journey.

• Reply Kellen December 18, 2015 at 10:24 am

I’m so excited for you! This will be an awesome experience and I will gladly go on long/training runs with you 🙂 I was looking into the Seattle half so I could be down to do that and watch you finish the full! Yay for long runs!!

• Reply Diana Becker December 18, 2015 at 11:11 am

YAY! You really should sign up, just do it! You never regret a good race 🙂 Long runs together will be a must. You’re seriously the only person I know crazy enough to run 15+ miles haha. Thank you so much for your support and always being such an inspiration!

• Reply Courtney Bentley December 18, 2015 at 7:16 pm

How cool is it to complete a goal! I love it <3 I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago and wanted to get back on the fitness bandwagon after being bed ridden for over 10 days so I called my best friend and asked her if she wanted to do a 5k! It was the best thing because it got me back moving and with a goal! Happy Holidays xo C

• Reply Diana Becker December 19, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Sometimes that really is all it takes it signing up for something and having that short term goal to work towards- I LOVE IT! And oh my goodness the thought of getting wisdom teeth out still gives me the chills- I had the worst experience EVER, but that’s a story for another day haha! Happy holidays to you too 🙂

• Reply Annie December 23, 2015 at 5:38 am

Great job on taking the leap to sign up for this! I ran a half marathon a few years back, which was a bucket list goal, and I don’t think that my body could ever do more than that! You are amazing for doing this!
    xo Annie

• Reply Diana Becker December 23, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Congrats on doing a half marathon yourself…it’s not easy! Oh believe me I finished my last half and was like I can’t even imagine doing that AGAIN for a full marathon. It’s not going to be easy- I bet you could do it 🙂

• Reply Kelly @ Eat the Gains December 23, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I just ran the rock n roll half in San Antonio in the beginning of December! It was such a cool experience. It was my second half and I love the half distance. I have thought about doing a full, but I’m so nervous…it’s so far haha!!

• Reply Diana Becker December 23, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Oh I’m TERRIFIED to do a full marathon. I seriously got sick to my stomach just registering haha. It’s a crazy goal I have to try at least once. Didn’t you love the Rock ‘N’ Roll half? So much good music it kept me motivated the whole race.