Working out this time of year is just HARD. It’s too freezing to leave my bed in the morning then too dark and freezing when I get off work at night…the struggle is real. I got pretty close to skipping a few workouts last week but remembered I’m already on week 7 of BBG and at the end of week 8 is another photo check in. UGH! Great timing on that one the week after Christmas.
The highlight of last weeks workouts had to be my run yesterday. It poured rain in San Diego Saturday night so our usual running trails were flooded and muddy Sunday morning. My mom, Bryce and I spent 11 miles dodging puddles and trying not to slip in the mud that was just caking to our shoes with every step. Hey you have to add a little excitement to the monotony of running sometimes. However, trying to get the mud off my shoes before getting into the car was not quite as amusing- as my face clearly shows haha!
This week is going to be challenging to fit everything in. I am leaving to go be with my family Thursday- Sunday and our schedule is packed: Christmas parties, football games, wine tasting, Star Wars, beer touring…etc all completely non exercise related haha!
What I need to do:
- 4-5 LISS (low intensity steady state) cardio sessions- remember LISS can be something like a 35 minute walk
- 3 Resistance BBG workouts
- 1 Stretch session
- 1 long run- for 1/2 marathon training
- Monday: BBG Arms & Abs + LISS #1 (35 minute lunch walk)
- Tuesday: Yoga + LISS #2 (35 minute lunch walk)
- Wednesday: Run 6 miles for LISS #3
- Thursday (Christmas Eve): BBG Legs & Cardio
- Friday (Christmas): OFF YAYYYYY! I seriously haven’t taken a day off working out in weeks
- Saturday: BBG Abs & Cardio
- Sunday: Run 12 miles for LISS #4
- Yes I know a 12 mile run is not exactly LISS cardio but it’s the only way I can do the BBG and 1/2 marathon training at the same time.
What’s your Weekly Workout plan looking like for the holiday week?