I hope you all had a very happy holiday weekend, I know I sure did. I also know I ate entirely too much and consumed probably 5 bottles of wine by myself…oops. It’s definitely time to get back on track and end 2015 strong!
Since I was too exhausted Sunday for my normal Weekly Meals post I’m combining that with my Weekly Workouts today! Last weeks workouts kind of got thrown for a loop. I got sick with an awful cold Tuesday and it’s seriously still lingering today…WTF? Sometimes you have to just slow down and listen to your body so I skipped a BBG session and a couple LISS cardio sessions. Though I’m not 100% better I’m feeling much more energized and strong enough to workout so here’s to a great week of working off those Christmas calories.
On a lighter note, I seriously can’t believe I’m already on week 8 of Kayla Itsines’s BBG! ONLY 4 WEEKS TO GO (after I get through this one..HA)! And since I’m finishing week 8 this week that means my next Weekly Workout post will have my newest progress picture. Check out my week 4 progress picture here– honestly I didn’t believe all the before and afters you see online were real but this program truly transforms your body.
- Monday: BBG Arms & Abs + LISS #1 (20 min walk at lunch, 15 minute walk on treadmill for BBG warm up)
- Tuesday: Yoga + LISS #2 (35 minute lunch walk)
- Wednesday: Yoga + LISS #3 (35 minute lunch walk)
- Thursday (New Years Eve): BBG Legs & Cardio + LISS #4 (3 mile run)
- Friday (New Years Day): BBG Abs & Cardio
- Saturday: Yoga
- Sunday: Run 12 miles for LISS #5? I know 12 miles isn’t LISS at all but hey “Low Intensity Steady State” cardio is pretty much how I’ve been running these days. According to my new Garmin Forerunner* I averaged a 10:47 mile pace on my run yesterday…uhhh going to need to pick this up with my next half marathon creeping up in less than a month.
Now let’s talk food. I ate like crap over this weekend so it’s time to get things back on track. I’m seriously craving vegetables I’ve been so veggie deprived this past week. I already promised myself I’d be making my green detox drink every single day this week.
Whenever I feel the need to get my body back on track I do a Paleo inspired diet. Basically I stay away from unhealthy carbs and eat lean meats, veggies, fruit and tons of nuts. And who better to turn to for some delicious Paleo recipes than the Paleo queen herself, Juli who is the mastermind of one of my favorite blogs PaleOMG. Her recipes are SO easy and absolutly delicious. Her blog has a ton of recipes and if you want more you can get her latest cookbook Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook* on Amazon. You guys know I cook something from her book almost every week.
- Sunday: Chicken Tortilla Soup from PaleOMG
- Monday: Using up my leftover ham bone and making Creamy & Hearty Ham Bone Potato Soup from PaleOMG
- Tuesday: Crockpot Salsa Chicken Thighs with a taco salad
- Wednesday: Leftover Salsa Chicken with a bag of salad
- Thursday (New Years Eve): Out! Bryce and I are going to dinner with a midnight champagne toast…which I’m so excited for!
- Friday (New Years Day): Honey Glazed Salmon with broccoli
- Saturday: Out! My family is going to an all you can eat Brazillian Steakhouse in San Diego called Rei Do Gado
Not quite the “healthy back on track” kind of week I’d like to have but hey it’s still the holidays and you have to enjoy yourself a little.
Please note links ending with * are affiliate links.