HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I hope you all had a safe and wonderful New Years Eve…2016 is going to be a great one I know it! Last night Bryce and I had the most fantastic evening, so fantastic I have to share with you all.
This year I didn’t want New Years Eve to be all about getting wasted, going out the the hottest new club and spending a million dollars. I wanted to do something special and memorable (preferably food related). Bryce and I decided to go to our favorite restaurant in San Diego, CUCINA Urbana, for their 4 course prix fixe menu with a midnight champagne toast and I’m so glad we did!
Since our dinner reservations weren’t until 10:00 pm we went to Mister A’s first for a few cocktails. SO FANCY. I wish I could have gotten a better picture but the patio at Mister A’s gives you the most incredible views of downtown San Diego.
CUCINA Urbana went all out with decorations and prepared some of the best food I’ve ever had in my life. Seriously just look at this menu (below). My favorites were the dry aged rib eye tartare, kabocha agnolotti and the petrole sole involtini. SO GOOD!
Anyone reading this who lives in San Diego needs to go to dinner at CUCINA Urbana ASAP. The food is authentic and consistently delicious. Every time I eat here I leave wanting more more more and cannot wait to go back.
Now on to 2016…
I could list a million cliche things I want to accomplish in the newyear but there are some that really stand out that I am going to make a concentrated effort to make happen.
- Sober January- I do this every year…No booze for 31 days. I’m not a huge drinker but I think it’s so important to let your body reset and really maximize your fitness results. Does giving up alcohol for a month really have any significant benefits? Who knows but it sure helps save some money and saves precious time not being spend hungover like I am right now.
- Finish Kayla Itsines’s BBG- I’m about to finish week 8 but it’s getting easier and easier for me to make excuses on why I don’t really need to finish it blah blah. 2016 is all about setting goals and following through until the end. I’m going to finish the program (only 4 weeks left) and finish strong!
- Complete the Triple Crown- The Triple Crown is 3 half marathons in San Diego: The Carlsbad Half Marathon, La Jolla Half Marathon and America’s Finest City Half Marathon. These races are spaced out over the next 7 months which will keep be very engaged in running.
- Complete my FIRST FULL MARATHON- If I can do this it will be one of the biggest accomplishments of my entire life. I am so excited about this- read more here.
- Spend money on experiences not things- This one is HUGE for me! I’m so guilty of spending $200 at Lululemon then complaining that I don’t have any money to do anything? Uh time to make a budget. I want 2016 to be all about experiences and making memories not getting the newest workout pants.
- Get rid of what I don’t need- This applies to both people and things. I hate negativity and drama- I’m really going to focus this year on quality friendships with positive people. And with things I wouldn’t say I’m a hoarder but there’s definitely things in my garage and closet that simply don’t serve a purpose. Time for some Winter cleaning to start the New Year off right.
- Blogging- Saving the best for last here! I started this blog at the very end of October and in just a few short months have learned so much. I am going to focus on posting consistently, learning more about social media, interacting in the blogging community and really just making Live Lean Eat Green the best blog it can be.
Cheers to that!