Food, Holiday

Bacon Roses

bacon roses

I really wanted to name this post something more fun like,

Because nothing says I love you more than bacon..

or Because men don’t give a shit about flowers, cookies or chocolate..

But I settled for Bacon Roses! They’re a perfect gift to give to anyone for Valentine’s Day especially the man in your life. Men don’t want flowers, cupcakes or some silly card…honestly I think most men would prefer Valentine’s Day didn’t exist. So why not give him something special and creative he will actually enjoy?

I’m here to help!

First let’s get our supplies together- All you need is:

• 1 bunch of fake roses- I got mine 40% off at Michael’s
  • 1 pack of bacon- Mine is from Trader Joe’s
  • your favorite vase
  • a box of toothpicks
  • muffin tin

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 375
  • Take bacon out of the package and roll the bacon from the largest to smallest side into a tight bud. Secure the bacon bud with a toothpick. I really need a mani- don’t judge haha.
    baconrosesbaconrosesbaconroses4
  • Add another toothpick to create a little stand for your bacon buds. You will then place these either into a muffin tin like I did or even better if you have a cooling rack place that over a foil lined baking sheet for easier clean up. The most important thing here is that your bacon does not touch the bottom of the pan. If it’s touching the bottoms will be nasty and soggy.baconroses
  • 4. Once you’re done rolling up all your bacon buds place these into the oven for 35-45 minutes. You’ll hear the bacon cooking and prepare for your house to smell AMAZING! While your bacon is cooking take the rose buds off the fake flowers. The little green stems that are left are where your new tasty bacon buds are going to go. I ended up leaving a few of the tiny red roses on the bunch to make it look pretty but you can do whatever you want.baconroses6
  • Once the bacon buds are done cooking let them cool for at least 30 mins– Ideally I’d let them cool for a full hour. Don’t get tempted to eat them…I may or may not have had a couple.baconroses1 baconroses8
  • Once bacon buds are cooled remove the toothpicks and set the bacon onto a plate where you can then choose the best looking buds for your bouquet. baconroses9
  • Arrange your bacon rose bouquet. Each bacon bud is going to be different so play around when making your bouquet where each looks best. Also when you were removing the roses from the stems you probably noticed some of the green stems were longer than others so put the bigger bacon buds on the bigger stems…duh!baconroses I stuffed some of the leftover rose petals into the bottom of my vase- why not?baconroses11

Do you love bacon?

Would someone in your life love get get a bouquet of bacon roses?

What is your favorite thing to make with bacon?

Don’t forget to Pin it!!

Bacon Roses- a step by step guide perfect for Valentine's Day!

For more Valentine’s Day ideas be sure to check out Amazon.com!

• Reply Kellen February 5, 2016 at 6:55 am

These are SO cute! I saw something similar on Buzzfeed Tasty with pizza roses! You rolled the croissant stuffed with marinara and cheese to make cute little pizza roses, but I like the bacon idea better. I think Sean would LOVE these haha
    Kellen recently posted…Brown Sugar Banana Muffin RecipeMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 5, 2016 at 9:15 am

Pizza roses??? I’m looking this up right now! You should have seen the look on Bryce’s face when he saw these bacon roses he was so excited you have to make them for Sean!

• Reply Nicole @ Fitful Focus February 5, 2016 at 9:54 am

This is genius! My boyfriend would love it!

• Reply Diana Becker February 5, 2016 at 10:00 am

I bet he would. My boyfriend devoured this whole bouquet in less than a minute! Let me know if you make this 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things February 5, 2016 at 12:02 pm

This is so creative I love it! My boyfriend (like I’m sure every male) is obsessed with bacon. Now if only I can get him out of the apartment long enough to make them and surprise him with these.. 🙂 haha

• Reply Diana Becker February 5, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Aww thank you!! They’re super easy to put together and hey who cares if he watches you create this masterpiece. He can just stand there drooling haha!

• Reply Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me February 5, 2016 at 4:33 pm

This is HILARIOUS! Hahaha, I love the creativity here!
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…Currently: February 2016My Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 5, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Aww thank you! I made these for my dad years ago on fathers day and some recent Pinterest surfing got me inspired to share 🙂

• Reply Susan Becker February 5, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Best Valentine gift ever for the guys!!!! What a great idea!!!!

• Reply Diana Becker February 5, 2016 at 7:33 pm

That’s all the guys want anyway is food…especially some meat haha!

• Reply Cayanne Marcus @healthyezsweet February 5, 2016 at 6:48 pm

You are so smart..okay I’m about to get corny. My boyfriend and I are long distance so I can’t make him these, but I’m going to send him the photo and it’s going to totally make his Valentines day (which is also his birthday!) He love love loves bacon and I tease him all the time for it. So it’ll be special and funny to receive these via text haha. Thanks for giving us that 🙂
    Cayanne Marcus @healthyezsweet recently posted…On No Longer Looking to Men to Love My BodyMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 5, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Aww I am so glad I could help make Valentine’s Day/ his birthday special. Men and their bacon…I’ll never quite understand it but hey whatever makes them happy. Enjoy and let me know how he reacts to the picture 🙂