I really wanted to name this post something more fun like,
Because nothing says I love you more than bacon..
or Because men don’t give a shit about flowers, cookies or chocolate..
But I settled for Bacon Roses! They’re a perfect gift to give to anyone for Valentine’s Day especially the man in your life. Men don’t want flowers, cupcakes or some silly card…honestly I think most men would prefer Valentine’s Day didn’t exist. So why not give him something special and creative he will actually enjoy?
I’m here to help!
[Tweet “Step by step guide to make Bacon Roses!”]
First let’s get our supplies together- All you need is:
- 1 bunch of fake roses- I got mine 40% off at Michael’s
- 1 pack of bacon- Mine is from Trader Joe’s
- your favorite vase
- a box of toothpicks
- muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 375
- Take bacon out of the package and roll the bacon from the largest to smallest side into a tight bud. Secure the bacon bud with a toothpick. I really need a mani- don’t judge haha.
- Add another toothpick to create a little stand for your bacon buds. You will then place these either into a muffin tin like I did or even better if you have a cooling rack place that over a foil lined baking sheet for easier clean up. The most important thing here is that your bacon does not touch the bottom of the pan. If it’s touching the bottoms will be nasty and soggy.
[Tweet “Nothing says “I Love You” better than Bacon!”]
- 4. Once you’re done rolling up all your bacon buds place these into the oven for 35-45 minutes. You’ll hear the bacon cooking and prepare for your house to smell AMAZING! While your bacon is cooking take the rose buds off the fake flowers. The little green stems that are left are where your new tasty bacon buds are going to go. I ended up leaving a few of the tiny red roses on the bunch to make it look pretty but you can do whatever you want.
- Once the bacon buds are done cooking let them cool for at least 30 mins– Ideally I’d let them cool for a full hour. Don’t get tempted to eat them…I may or may not have had a couple.
- Once bacon buds are cooled remove the toothpicks and set the bacon onto a plate where you can then choose the best looking buds for your bouquet.
- Arrange your bacon rose bouquet. Each bacon bud is going to be different so play around when making your bouquet where each looks best. Also when you were removing the roses from the stems you probably noticed some of the green stems were longer than others so put the bigger bacon buds on the bigger stems…duh! I stuffed some of the leftover rose petals into the bottom of my vase- why not?
[Tweet “Bacon roses are the perfect gift to give this Valentine’s Day!”]
Do you love bacon?
Would someone in your life love get get a bouquet of bacon roses?
What is your favorite thing to make with bacon?
Don’t forget to Pin it!!
For more Valentine’s Day ideas be sure to check out Amazon.com!