Food, Nutrition Tips, Quick Tips, What I Ate Wednesday

What I Ate Wednesday

WIAW

I got such positive feedback last time I did a What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) post so I wanted to do another one. This is more of What I Ate on Tuesday but hey you get it.

If you have no idea what WIAW is all about visit the blog Peas And Crayons for a full explanation. It’s basically bloggers sharing what they really eat in a day. The purpose of this being to share ideas and inspire healthy eating all over the web.

WIAW

Let’s get to it!

6:00am: Woke up and hit snooze 893749324 times

6:30am: Jose’s Chocolate Raspberry Coffee (SO GOOD) with less than 1 Tbsp of Silk vanilla almond milk creamer

7:30am: My Green Detox Drink 2.0! I’ve recently been changing up my daily green drink. Now I dissolve 1 Nuun tab into the water to give it some extra flavor and beneficial electrolytes. Then I just do 3 giant handfulls of kale, about a cup of mixed tropical fruit, a giant piece (about thumb size) of fresh ginger then a heaping scoop of Amazing Grass Green SuperFood.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading that it’s best to have a green drink first thing in the morning so your body can absorb the most nutrients then wait about 30mins to eat food. Who knows if that’s true but it has been giving me extra energy.

wiaw2.0 wiaw2.1 wiaw2.4

I force Bryce to drink a green drink daily.

8:30am: Speeding off to work (late as usual). I can’t ever handle making breakfast in the morning so I have to keep it simple with la piece of toast and peanut butter or I have to meal prep and make something like my Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies which I had this morning!

wiaw2.6

9:15am: Got to work and filled up my giant 40oz Hydro Flask with water and made a hot green tea to sip on throughout the morning.

11:15am: STARVING! Took a 10 minute walk and then ate a Perfect Bar in the gorgeous San Diego sunshine. Just FYI Costco sells big boxes of Perfect Bars now for super cheap. I did the math and it breaks down to each bar only being a little over $1.

wiaw2.6

12:45: Lunch time which was leftovers from Sunday. I’m OBSESSED with this Creamy Lemon Hummus Pasta With Vegetables from Fooduzzi. I subbed asparagus instead of broccoli and added in chopped up rotisserie chicken for some extra protein. I know my leftovers don’t look that amazing but it is one of the most fantastic recipes I’ve ever tried.

waiaw2.7

1:30pm: A handful of peanut M&M’s. Why my work bought the giant Costco bag of these I’ll never know..it’s going to be the death of me.

3:45pm: I forgot my usual Fage yogurt so thankfully my work has a cafeteria with snack options that are somewhat healthy. I ate this Vanilla 100 calorie Yoplait yogurt with chia seeds and some slivered almonds….HOLY SWEET! This yogurt was so sweet compared to what I’m use to it tasted like dessert.

I was pleasantly shocked to see it had 13g of protein and only 7g of sugar…OK! And yes, I’m that psycho who has bags of almonds and chia seeds in my desk drawer.

wiaw2.7

6:30pm: Worked out!

7:30pm: Had a protein shake with 1 scoop of AllMax Nutrition Isoflex Whey Protein (the best protein powder ever- more on that here), almond milk and 1 Tbsp peanut butter.

wiaw2.1

8:00pm: If you read my Weekly Meals post on Sunday you know I always have Crockpot Salsa Chicken Thighs Tuesday nights over a taco salad. Tonight my salad had lettuce, black beans, corn, olives, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and this amazing brown rice/ quinoa mixture I recently discovered. You can get the brown rice/ quinoa mix at Sprouts or Costco. It’s amazing and cooks in the microwave in only 90 seconds.

wiaw2.2 wiaw2.3

9:30pm: Time to relax and sip some candy cane tea and diffuse peppermint oil to help clear my sinuses. Peppermint really helps get rid of any sweet craving I have at night so when I’m trying to stay away from sugar it’s my go to drink.

Goodnight!

wiaw2.4

What’s your favorite fast, easy breakfast for lazy people like me?

How many times a day do you eat?

What’s your favorite way to wind down at night?

• Reply Beverley @ sweaty&fit February 10, 2016 at 7:36 am

phewww your day is so busy right from the get-go! i am checking out those cranberry pumpkin cookies cause i need something like that for my rushed mornings!
    Beverley @ sweaty&fit recently posted…Valentines Day Tight Core ChallengeMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 10, 2016 at 8:16 am

My days are CRAZY but I’d rather be super busy than bored. You’ll love the breakfast cookies! They’re about 200 calories and really fill you up 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things February 10, 2016 at 8:49 am

Okay I’ve been wanting to make breakfast cookies like that fora while so I think I might just make those soon. I’m always rushed in the morning (thanks to probably spending too much time on Instagram..) I also LOVE crockpot salsa chicken! I think I may have gotten the idea from one of your posts awhile ago haha. Seriously the easiest thing ever and I love having leftovers for a few days.

• Reply Diana Becker February 10, 2016 at 9:43 am

You need to make them they’re so easy and convenient. Let me know how you like them 🙂 I talk about that salsa chicken all the time…I’m obsessed!

• Reply Kellen February 10, 2016 at 9:38 am

Ok, I’m convinced — I need to break out my crockpot haha. Our meals are actually pretty similiar (though I’m not surprised 🙂 ). I have been really into oatmeal with a banana, a scoop of almond butter, and some blueberries or blackberries in the morning. The Trader Joe’s oats with flax and chia seeds is my favorite. Have you tried Siggi’s greek yogurt? I’m usually all about Plain Greek yogurt with some honey but I can’t get enough of their Vanilla, Acai, and Coconut flavors!
    Kellen recently posted…Greek PolentaMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 10, 2016 at 9:45 am

Your crockpot will save your life on busy days or when you want to have leftovers for a few days! I love that oatmeal from Trader Joe’s I don’t know why I haven’t bought it in awhile but I need to. I’ve only tried the vanilla Siggi’s and love it but the coconut and acai sounds AWESOME to change up the yogurt routine a little.

• Reply rachel @ athletic avocado February 10, 2016 at 2:46 pm

That coffee sounds so good! I need to buy that asap!
    rachel @ athletic avocado recently posted…No-Bake Pecan Fig Granola Bars with Coconut Glaze {Gluten-Free + Vegan!}My Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 10, 2016 at 3:45 pm

It’s really delicious. If you have a Costco near you Jose’s does roadshows a lot and you can sample all the flavors 🙂

• Reply Alexa [fooduzzi.com] February 10, 2016 at 2:52 pm

!!! I’m so excited you tried my Lemon Hummus Pasta and loved it! I’m obsessed with your addition of asparagus, so I’m totally grabbing some at the store this weekend to try! Thank you for trying out the recipe!
    Alexa [fooduzzi.com] recently posted…Healthy Peanut Butter Hearts + 4 Awesome Vegan Valentine’s Day RecipesMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 10, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I’ve made it 4 times since I discovered it last week it’s so good. The flavors are just perfect together and it really does give you the feeling that you’re eating a giant fatty bowl of Alfredo haha. Enjoy it with the asparagus 🙂

• Reply Sheena @ Paws and Pavement February 10, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I love having Sleepy Time or peppermint tea at time. Sipping tea just helps me feel calm and ready for bed. Plus it really helps with cold weather chills.
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…WIAW: A birthday coffeeMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker February 11, 2016 at 9:17 am

I love sleepy time tea too…I swear within minutes of finishing a mug of it I’m passed out.

• Reply Sarah @ BucketListTummy February 11, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I love that you added NUUN to your detox smoothie haha. I loveee NUUN before/after runs! I want to try your cooooookies!

• Reply Diana Becker February 11, 2016 at 10:29 pm

It adds so much flavor I highly recommend trying it out! Do try them…they’re so good and make mornings so much easier 🙂