Chocolate, candy, cupcakes… sounds a lot like Valentine’s Day doesn’t it?
But what if you don’t like sweets?
I’m not a huge sweets person and Bryce hates all sweets so we’ve always had to think outside the box a little when it comes to Valentine’s Day.
Last year I surprised Bryce with a huge platter of cheeses cut into hearts with meat and his eyes lit up like the crazy heart eyed emoji. This year he said that’s all he wanted again…sure makes my life easy!
His reaction inspired me to think of some other alternatives for sweets on Valentine’s Day so bust out your heart shaped cookie cutters and let’s get cooking!!
5 Valentines Day Treats For People Who Don’t Like Sweets:
- Heart Melting Grilled Cheese- This is so easy- simply make a grilled cheese then use a heart cookie cutter to cut out the center. I ate the crust then served Bryce the heart part with a little soup.
2. Perfect Pancakes- I’m obsessed with The Skinny Confidential’s 3 Ingredient Pancakes (I seriously make them every morning that I have time to cook). So heart shaped pancakes for Valentine’s Day morning seemed perfect. Just cook the pancakes and then use a heart cookie cutter to make your perfect pancakes. Top them with butter, maple syrup, berries or whatever you want. YUM!
3. Heart in a Basket- AKA toast with an egg haha. This is a fun, festive twist on toast with eggs. Just toast 2 pieces of bread and lay 1 piece on a plate and put the egg on it then use your cookie cutter to cut the center out of the other piece and place it on top…Done!
4. Cheesy Hearts- This is similar to what I made for Bryce last Valentine’s Day. I just cut the cheese into hearts with a small heart cookie cutter and layed it out with meat and cheese. Get creative and cut the meat into hearts and use a bunch of different cheeses for some color.
5. Juicy Fruit Hearts- People, SO EASY! Grab your smallest cookie cutter and cut any fruit into hearts. I found strawberries, cantaloupe and watermelon worked best for this. You can serve this as a side for breakfast or even as a cute appetizer at a Valentine’s Day party this weekend.
Do you like all the sweet treats Valentine’s Day is all about?
What are you plans for Valentine’s Day?
What’s your favorite “Valentine’s Day treat for people who don’t like sweets”?
Don’t forget to Pin it for later: