Food, Nutrition Tips, Quick Tips, Snacks

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bites

frozen yogurt blueberry bites

You know when you come home and are so starving you’re ready to tear your house apart until you find something delicious to munch on?

Yep, that’s me every single day when I get home from work.

The problem is I don’t go for the healthy stuff. When I’m that hungry there is just no way I’m taking 10 seconds to cut up a cucumber to dip in hummus when there is a big bag of chips in the cupboard. So having easy, healthy, ready to go snacks that actually taste good around my house is crucial.

blueberrycover1

Cue one of my all time favorite snacks…

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bites!!

These are so easy to make and are perfect for when you get home and just need to put something into your mouth.

All you need is blueberries and your favorite Greek yogurt!

blueberry frozen yogurt bites

For this batch I used Strawberry Chobani Simply 100 but you can use any brand and any flavor.

By visiting the Chobani Simply 100 page you can get a $1 off coupon and learn even more about the brand.

To make these you simply do the following:

1. wash your blueberries
  2. put the blueberries into the yogurt then using a fork take them out of the yogurt letting some of it come off and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
  3. Freeze for at least 2 hours (I freeze them overnight) and enjoy!

blueberry2

blueberry3

To store these Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bites just put them into a Tupperware and pop them back into the freezer so they’re available for you to devour next time you come home starving to death.

blueberry9

Need another reason to make this delicious snack this weekend? Let’s talk about the incredible health benefits blueberries provide:

Health Benefits of Blueberries:

• They are very high in antioxidants
  • Help improve brain health- improving memory and preventing diseases like Alzheimer’s
  • They are an effective antidepressant and help control mood swings
  • Low in fat and calories but high in fiber to help with digestion and weight loss
  • Help fight against cancer
  • Improve skin health and fights the signs of aging

blueberry4

Do you enjoy snacking on frozen fruit?

What’s your favorite brand of Greek yogurt?

Any fun plans this weekend?

Don’t forget to PIN IT!

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bites | Live Lean Eat Green

• Reply Kellen March 11, 2016 at 8:20 am

This is such a great idea! I’m the exact same way, I always go for the crackers and cheese or jar of Cashew butter when I’m hungry. Definitely going to try these out!
    Kellen recently posted…Half Marathon PlaylistMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 9:28 am

Jars of nut butter and Bryce’s Doritos are my ultimate downfall haha! You’ll love these- I’m making them with the Siggi’s Coconut Yogurt you recommended this weekend 🙂

• Reply Emily March 11, 2016 at 8:34 am

OOH yummY!!! Thankful that God made blueberries. :))) SO delish!!! I just found you through BGB community!

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 9:29 am

Welcome to the blog 🙂 I love our BGB Community for connecting bloggers! Enjoy this healthy snack and have a great weekend!

• Reply rachel @ athletic avocado March 11, 2016 at 9:27 am

Love that these are so simple and tasty! Perfect little snack!
    rachel @ athletic avocado recently posted…22 Healthy Breakfast Bowls That Will Make You get out of Bed!My Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 9:31 am

SO easy! I can make these in like 2 minutes (when I’m not trying to make them look pretty for the blog haha). Enjoy and let me know how you like them 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things March 11, 2016 at 10:02 am

This is genius! I don’t know why I haven’t been doing this.. such a good idea! I LOVE frozen fruit and these look delish. Perfect for spring and summer too!

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 2:13 pm

They’re so good and surprisingly very satisfying. Enjoy 🙂

• Reply Gretchen | Gretchruns March 11, 2016 at 10:45 am

These look so fantastic and easy to make!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Top Five Friday #47My Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 2:16 pm

They’re so easy and you can get creative with different flavors of yogurts!

• Reply Kaitlin March 11, 2016 at 11:15 am

LOVE blueberries 🙂 what a fun combination and would be perfect during summer!

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I’m obsessed with blueberries too! They’re so delicious and good for you! Enjoy 🙂

• Reply Shannon March 11, 2016 at 12:29 pm

YUM! These look delicious and refreshing… also love how easy + versatile they are! Will def give these a go. x Shannon

• Reply Diana Becker March 11, 2016 at 2:17 pm

They’re so delicious and actually pretty filling. Have fun with the different flavors of yogurt you use. I’m going to do coconut yogurt on my next batch 🙂

• Reply Beverley @ BORNTOSWEAT March 11, 2016 at 5:10 pm

OMG. i love this idea!! how have i never thought of doing this before?!
    thanks so much for sharing this, i am definitely going to do it this weekend. i try not to snack a lot when im making dinner but i wouldnt feel bad at alllll for eating these
    Beverley @ BORNTOSWEAT recently posted…Weekly Workout Wrap Up + Pushing Past PlateausMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 13, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Oh these are 100% guilt free (in my mind)!Please let me know how you like them 🙂

• Reply Sarah @ BucketListTummy March 12, 2016 at 6:26 am

Such a great idea for a nice refreshing little snack!
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy recently posted…You might be a runner if..My Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 13, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Thank you!!! If you make them let me know how they turn out!