Fitness, My Weekly Workouts

Marathon Training Update + Weekly Workouts

Happy time change everyone!

I’m not even upset that it’s Monday morning and we lost an hour of sleep because of the extra daylight in the evenings.

I’ve been using the whole “it’s too dark” as my excuse for MONTHS on why I haven’t been running more so time to cut the B.S. and get serious about this whole marathon training thing.

For those of you who have been using the same excuse for why you haven’t been motivated to work out after work or don’t have time…sorry but it’s officially time to get things going!

#noexcuses #justresults #summeriscoming

Marathon Training Update:

Anyway, some exciting news…

I am thrilled to say that on Sunday I ran the farthest I’ve ever ran in my life (14.5 miles) at a pretty decent pace too! In my March Marathon Training Plan I was only supposed to run 13 miles but my body and mind felt strong and I pushed it! Slow and steady but I did it.

d2

Maybe it was the gorgeous Spring scenery along the trails at Lake Hodges up in Escondido that distracted me enough to forget about the pain? Who knows but I’m pretty darn proud of myself!

d3

I only ended up running 2 times last week…my long run and then some interval work over at Lake Miramar. I was determined to make those 2 runs count so I was pleased to see some of these splits on my 5 mile run.

I know adding intervals to my training plan in addition to my long (slow) runs is going to help me tremendously.

d5

Weekly Workouts:

This weekend I have the Hot Chocolate 15k (roughly 9 miles) so it will be really good practice to run at “race pace” instead of plotting along on the trails haha. Also, since it’s going to be light enough after work for me to fit some runs in (FINALLY) my goal for this week is going to be to run 25 total miles.

• Monday: REST!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tuesday: 3 easy miles + yoga
  • Wednesday: yoga
  • Thursday: 8 miles
  • Friday: 5 miles
  • Saturday: yoga
  • Sunday: 9 miles (Hot Chocolate Run at race pace)

d1

Snapchat: dlbecker

Are you as thrilled as I am about this whole time change?

Have you been using the lack of daylight as an excuse to not workout?

How do you plan on sweating this week?

• Reply Kellen March 14, 2016 at 8:34 am

Yay, that’s such a great pace for your longest run yet! You are going to be so thankful that you trained on trails. I hated Katie for making me do it but I loved her come marathon time. I’m also LOVING this time change. It’s going to make evening runs so much better. I’ll see you on Sunday at the Hot Chocolate!!
    Kellen recently posted…San Diego Half Marathon Race RecapMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 15, 2016 at 11:37 am

Thank you! I was very pleasantly surprised to see my pace be that fast (if you can call it fast haha). I can’t wait for Sunday 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things March 14, 2016 at 9:58 am

Congrats on your longest run!! So exciting 🙂 And oh my gosh yes I’m so excited about the time change! Except with our luck.. the weather’s back down to the forties later this week 🙁 Oh well! I’ll take the light over anything haha.

• Reply Diana Becker March 15, 2016 at 11:37 am

Thank you so much! You poor thing- sending some San Diego sunshine your way <3

• Reply Margaret @ youngandrungry March 14, 2016 at 10:45 am

I’m a huge fan of the time change too! I love it getting darker later for a zillion reasons, but running and food photography are at the top! Congrats on your long run and it’s absolutely beautiful there!

• Reply Diana Becker March 15, 2016 at 11:38 am

Thank you!! I love finding gorgeous places to run and let my mind just wander away from my aching legs haha!

• Reply Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie March 15, 2016 at 6:17 pm

I am thrilled about the time change… once my body gets back to regular. I have been feeling so tired since the time change BUT it more than makes up for it when I look out my window at 7 at night and it is still light out. Summer will be here soon enough 🙂

• Reply Diana Becker March 16, 2016 at 6:40 am

This week has been so rough. I felt great for like 2 hours on Monday and ever since…..so tired! Like you said though…ANYTHING for that extra sunshine 🙂

• Reply Krista Williams March 15, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Wow great work, girl! How do you like using that Garmin? I just use my phone but it seems to be such a great idea!

xo
    Krista

• Reply Diana Becker March 16, 2016 at 6:38 am

Thank you! I had just been using Map MY Run and other apps on my phone for years but finally splurged on a Garmin and it’s been a game changer. There are so many features but my favorite thing is that it’s so easy to pace yourself with your run time being right there on your wrist.

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 15, 2016 at 10:43 pm

I love the time change too! I love being in the sunlight longer in the evening – the weather is so perfect here.

Congrats on your long run! I need to check out Lake Hodges. I want to start running more distance this spring.

P.S. I have that same bracelet!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Antelope Canyon Adventures + WIAWMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker March 16, 2016 at 6:36 am

Do you live in San Diego Laura? If so please reach out to be if you ever want some suggestions on safe, gorgeous trails to get some distance running in. Love Pura Vida <3

• Reply Raina Elegado March 16, 2016 at 8:45 am

Great job on the run 🙂 Totally agree about the time change! I live in San Diego too 🙂

Xo Raina

• Reply Diana Becker March 16, 2016 at 9:31 am

Thank you so much! We’re so spoiled here in San Diego aren’t we?