Breakfast, Food

The Easiest Overnight Oats Recipe Ever

Breakfast is the most important meal of the entire day. Think about it…you are literally “breaking” the “fast” your body has been in all night by eating. Getting your body out of that fasted state jump starts your metabolism so you efficiently burn calories all day long.

That being said, how many of you actually eat a healthy breakfast on a consistent basis?

I sure don’t.

I’m a hot mess in the morning and can hardly handle putting creamer in my coffee much less cooking breakfast.

[Tweet “If you’re not good at eating breakfast read this NOW!”]

I’m usually a “throw a piece of bread in the toaster, slap some nut butter on it and eat it on my drive to work” kind of person but I’m trying to get better.

I was recently inspired to switch up my breakfast routine when Christina from The Blissful Balance posted this Simple Vanilla Protein Overnight Oats recipe. I had seen 938749384 recipes for overnight oats before but they were just too complicated plus for some reason I thought you had to make them in a glass jar (you don’t).

overnight oats

I mean, “blueberry cheesecake overnight oats” and “cookie dough overnight oats” sound AMAZING but I’m not realistically going to make something like that on a regular basis.

I need EASY!

Fast forward to now: I’m OBSESSED with overnight oats. They’re my new healthy breakfast staple and I am excited to say that I have finally perfected the world’s easiest overnight oats recipe EVER!

[Tweet “The easiest overnight oats recipe ever!”]

No complicated ingredients, no added sugar, no stress in the morning and you don’t even need one of those fancy mason jars (I only did because I had to take pictures HA). Normally I just make my overnight oats in a little Tupperware.

overnight oats

[yumprint-recipe id=’2′]Now that we’ve got our base figured out- let’s talk toppings!

This part is like going out for fro-yo. The yogurt it good but it’s the toppings you add that make it GREAT.

My go-to toppings for overnight oats are fresh fruit and nut butter but feel free to get crazy! I’ve seen people add granola, shredded coconut, cacao nips, nuts…seriously whatever the heck you’re feeling.

overnight oats

So, if you struggle to eat breakfast like me you HAVE TO try making overnight oats! They take less than 2 minutes to throw together and will keep you full for hours!

Even my boyfriend Bryce loved these overnight oats and that’s huge coming from someone who would prefer to drink bacon grease for breakfast if he could.

Enjoy and happy eating!

[Tweet “Try these easy overnight oats for a quick and healthy breakfast!”]

overnight oats

Have you ever made overnight oats?

What’s your favorite topping for overnight oats?

What’s your favorite go-to easy breakfast?

Don’t forget to Pin It!

The easiest overnight oats recipe EVER | Live Lean Eat Green

• Reply rachel @ athletic avocado March 18, 2016 at 6:23 am

overnight oats are the BEST breakfast of all time!

• Reply Diana Becker March 18, 2016 at 10:29 am

I’m obsessed! I can’t get over how easy and delicious they are!

• Reply Kellen March 18, 2016 at 7:00 am

I still haven’t made overnight oats but these look SO simple and delicious!! Definitely going to try these out with my protein powder this weekend. I love adding shredded coconut from trader joes to just about everything 🙂

• Reply Diana Becker March 18, 2016 at 10:30 am

Oh you have to! I always thought they were too complicated…uh not at all. enjoy and let me know how yours turn out 🙂

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine March 18, 2016 at 8:02 am

You can never go wrong with overnight oats!! So good and I will totally be making them again once the weather STAYS warm 😛

• Reply Diana Becker March 18, 2016 at 10:30 am

They’re been so perfect on these warm San Diego mornings. I know I’m going to be eating these all spring/ summer.

• Reply Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things March 18, 2016 at 9:28 am

I’ve been wanting to try making overnight oats for awhile so I’m definitely trying these out next week! Hahah and what you said about your boyfriend would drink bacon grease for breakfast… my boyfriend is the exact same way, that’s hilarious.

• Reply Diana Becker March 18, 2016 at 10:31 am

DO IT! They’re so easy just to grab in the morning and really keep you full.

• Reply kerri mcgrail March 18, 2016 at 11:44 am

This is basically the exact same way I make overnight oats! Although some times I like to add about 1/2 a scoop of protein powder to mine. Then I add all the fruity toppings! Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, and lucky for me, I find it to be the tastiest!

• Reply Diana Becker March 18, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Once I restock my vanilla protein powder and I definitely trying it in these! I usually am not a breakfast person but wow these oats are changing my mind real quick 🙂

• Reply Kate March 18, 2016 at 12:50 pm

I am impressed you got your boyfriend to enjoy these! Or maybe my husband is just anti-chia seeds.
    I like to make mine very similarly, but I pretty much always add peanut butter.

• Reply Diana Becker March 18, 2016 at 1:42 pm

I think he liked them because I didn’t tell him what they were haha. I just gave him them for breakfast…if i would have said chia seeds, almond milk and oats he would have never tried the,.

• Reply Sarah March 20, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Love overnight oats, they are such a great healthy and quick breakfast! Adding chia seeds is one of my favorite ways of making them, and or adding protein like Vega.

• Reply Diana Becker March 21, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Yes! I’m going to try them with protein when I go restock on it today 🙂

• Reply Raina Elegado March 20, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I love oatmeal so I’ll def. have to give this a try! Looks so easy to make 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Xo Raina

• Reply Diana Becker March 21, 2016 at 1:30 pm

You are so welcome! You’ll love it 🙂

• Reply Kara March 22, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Love overnight oats! Ever since I got a new job (with a 30 minute commute…) I’ve been prepping them Sunday morning and eating them all week for breakfast!

I’ve never made it with almond milk before – I always use milk AND yogurt, which makes it really thick and creamy, but yours looks so good I might have to try it!

• Reply Diana Becker March 22, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Oh wow do they stay good all week prepping on Sunday? The chia seeds in the recipe really help thicken them up. Let me know how you like them 🙂