Easter is THIS WEEKEND! I really can’t believe how quickly these holidays keep coming up AHH!
Growing up my family went all out for Easter. We would wake up to baskets from “The Easter Bunny” then all the kids in the neighborhood would gather for a huge Easter egg hunt.
These days Easter is more about mimosas and food.
I make these Deviled Egg Chicks for Easter every single year and they are always a hit.
They’re cute, festive, somewhat healthy and SO EASY!
I mean…they’re almost too cute to eat right?
To make these you can use whatever your favorite deviled egg recipe is. I used Skinnytaste’s recipe and subbed in horseradish dijon for regular dijon mustard.
So seriously, make these unique and make these your own.
One year I even filled the eggs with hummus instead of the yolks and they were really good!
- 5 hard boiled eggs (cooled and peeled)
- 2-3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard (I used a horseradish dijon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 black olives (diced)
- 1-2 shredded carrots (diced)
- Cut top 1/3 off of egg
- Carefully remove yolks and mix together with mayo, mustard, salt and pepper
- Pipe mixture back into the eggs filling them full enough to make a face
- Insert 2 black olive pieces for eyes and 1 piece of carrot for a beak and top with the 1/3 of the egg that was cut off
- *You can use whatever your favorite deviled egg recipe is for these.
Do you celebrate Easter?
What do you usually eat on Easter Sunday?
Do you do brunch or dinner for Easter?
Don’t forget to PIN IT!