Good morning from Las Vegas!
I hope all you wonderful Live Lean Eat Green readers have a wonderful Easter Sunday.
I know I say it all the time but THANK YOU all so much for all your support and for making this blog possible.
And just because I appreciate you all so much I have ANOTHER easy, delicious Easter treat to share: Candy Dipped “Carrots”.
These are really just candy dipped strawberries but they’re so cute and really do look like short, fat, juicy little carrots right?
To make these I used an orange pack of Wilton’s Candy Melts that you can buy on *Amazon here or can easily find at your local grocery or craft store.
- 1 package of strawberries
- 1 12oz package of Wilton orange candy melts
- Wash strawberries and let them dry completely
- Melt the candy according to the package instructions (I just microwaved it)
- Dip the strawberries into the orange melted candy and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- (optional)Let them set for about 5 minutes then put the rest of the melted orange candy into a zip-lock bag and cut off 1 corner to carefully drizzle some extra candy on top and to really make them look like carrots
- *These are best made and eaten on the same day. To store place in an air tight container and keep at room temperature.
Now let’s talk Weekly Meals.
There is nothing worse than coming home from a long weekend to a house with no food, exhausted and having to be at work at 8:00am Monday morning.
So to avoid being a complete and total hot mess I’m sitting here planning my meals before we make the long drive back to San Diego this afternoon.
- Sunday: OUT (There’s no way I’m cooking after that drive haha)
- Monday: Kale and Chickpea Pasta
- Tuesday: Crockpot Salsa Chicken used for burrito bowls
- Wednesday: Bag of salad with leftover Salsa Chicken
- Thursday: Korean Beef Rice Bowls from Skinnytaste
- Friday: Greek Polenta from A Cup of Kellen with chicken sausage and kale
- Saturday: OUT
Don’t forget to Pin It!