Last week at work I did a presentation on Ways To Stay Healthy During A Busy Work Week. There are a million different ways you can stay healthy but the 3 major ones I highlighted were:
- Plan and prepare
- Think about your schedule and what nights you get home late and maybe can’t cook, make a grocery list and go to the store so you have healthy food at home, do a little meal prep..cook meats, make nut nutters, make hummus…etc.
- Stay hydrated
- Your body often confuses hunger and thirst! Try drinking some water if you start feeling extra hungry throughout the day. An easy rule to remember is to drink half your body weight in water (oz) per day.
- Have healthy snacks readily available
- This one is huge in an office setting. If you don’t have healthy snack options you’re so much more likely to get into the chips, chocolates…etc that are in the vending machines.
There is a reason I do these Weekly Meals posts every Sunday it’s to plan and prepare for the crazy work week. If I don’t get to the store and do a little prep over the weekend the entire week is just off.
I challenge you all to just try planing out your dinners for a week and see if it helps make things just a little bit less stressful for you.
Besides planning my meals on the weekends I also like to prep essentials like hummus, nut butters and chop up veggies into little baggies.
Today I woke up and made cashew butter for the week. Cashew’s were on sale at Sprout’s so I figured I make almond butter all the time why not do cashew this week.
This was seriously so simple!
DIY Cashew Butter:
- 2 cups roasted, salted cashews
- food processor
- Put cashews in food processor and process for about 10 mins scraping the sides often so it all gets evenly mixed together.
- Place in a container for the week
Yep, it’s that easy people!
Cashew butter is so good I don’t recommend adding anything like vanilla, cinnamon, honey…etc. Let that natural cashew flavor shine!
Thankfully I don’t have much going on this week so making dinners and eating healthy shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
Life is about to get so busy at the end of April really through June so I’m taking advantage of every slow week I have left!
- Sunday: Asain Lettuce Wrap Chicken Chopped Salad from Skinnytaste
- Monday: Lemon Pepper Cod with asparagus and brown rice
- Tuesday: Crockpot Salsa Chicken burrito bowls
- Wednesday: Leftover chicken
- Thursday: Creamy Lemon Hummus Pasta from Fooduzzi
- Friday: Frozen crab cakes from Costco (FYI don’t let your boyfriend do the shopping- 937834789 random things will turn up in your house) with aspragus
- Saturday: Out
What’s your favorite tip for staying healthy during a busy work week?
Do you struggle to drink water throughout the day?
Whats a healthy snack you always have on hand?