Good morning & happy Sunday!
I’m about to head out to my longest run yet for marathon training but HAD to share this recipe with you all first.
Naan, goat cheese, green olive tapenade & artichokes…does it really get any better than that?
Actually, it does because you can get everything from Trader Joe’s and whip this delicious meal or appetizer up in 10 minutes.
You may be asking what Naan is. Naan is an oven baked flat bread that normally is eaten soft but is even more delicious crisped up for a pizza variation.
Here’s exactly what you need;
I know these ingredients may seem a little bit strange but I promise the flavor combination is magical! Move over boring flat breads and hello Artichoke & Goat Cheese Naan.
This recipe can be made for a main meal or as an appetizer. For the pictures in this post I cut the Naan into 3-4 pieces and served it as an appetizer but you do not have to cut the Naan and can eat it just like a personal pizza.
Either way, it’s delicious and I highly encourage you all to get out of your food comfort zones and try something new this week!
- 1 package frozen naan (4 pieces)
- 1 jar of green olive tapenade
- 1 can of artichokes (quartered)
- 1 small roll of goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place frozen naan directly into oven (not on a baking sheet) for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place naan onto it. Spread goat cheese evenly onto the 4 pieces of naan and then the tapenade on top. Finally, top naan with artichokes
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for about 8-10 minutes
- Either enjoy as is or cut the Naan into 3-4 pieces to serve as an appetizer
- **All ingredients are from Trader Joe's
Out of nowhere some of my favorite foods like my Crockpot Salsa Chicken, broccoli and even my coffee creamer just tasted awful to me. In fact the thought of some foods was making me nauseous (No, I am not pregnant).
I guess it’s just my body’s way of telling to to CHANGE IT UP and to get out of my boring eating routine.
This is also the week before the La Jolla Half Marathon so I’m really focusing on just eating simple and healthy meals to properly fuel for this race (more on the race tomorrow).
- Sunday: Lemon pepper cod with asparagus and brown rice
- Monday: Southwestern black bean burger salad from In It 4 The Long Run
- Tuesday: Artichoke & goat cheese naan with green olive tapenade and a simple salad
- Wednesday: Out for work event
- Thursday: Creamy lemon hummus pasta from Fooduzzi
- Friday: 5 ingredient easy white chicken chili from Gimme Some Oven
- Saturday: At my parents before the race. We always have chicken parmesan over whole wheat pasta the night before a big race.
Have you ever tried Naan?
What’s your favorite product from Trader Joe’s?
What do you eat the night before a race?