Memorial Day Weekend is creeping up FAST!
And what does that mean…food, desserts, booze and most of the time more booze.
I’ve personally sworn off booze until after my marathon so to make up for that this Memorial Day is going to be all about desserts like this amazing Fruit Pizza.
What is Fruit Pizza you ask?
Well imagine if a cookie and a cheesecake had a baby.
Seriously! The crust is basically a coconut sugar cookie and then the frosting is a magical cream cheese mixture topped with fresh fruit.
So yes it’s a cookie cake or a cheese cookie…or whatever you wan’t to call it just know it’s DELICIOUS and so easy to make!
Growing up my mom would make this Fruit Pizza all the time during the spring and summer when fruit was the freshest.
Honestly, it was probably just a sneaky way to trick us kids into eating more fruit–well played mom! But either way now at the age of 25 Fruit Pizza is still one my favorite desserts to make.
For my version I just cut up strawberries and blueberries and randomly threw them on top of the pizza…yes I’m lazy. BUT if you’re feeling creative head on over to Pinterest and you will see 9835845 different ways to decorate a patriotic fruit pizza.
You can make it into an American flag, you can make rings of different fruits, you don’t even have to use strawberries and blueberries…maybe try raspberries and blackberries… the idea is to make it unique and make it your own.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all crust ingredients together until a soft dough forms
- Press the dough onto a pizza pan or parchment lined baking sheet and create about a 10 inch circle (you may need to use a rolling pin)
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden
- While the crust is cooking mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Remove crust from the often and let it cool completely
- Once the crust has cooled top it with the frosting and fruit of choice
- I like to use strawberries and blueberries for my toppings but feel free to try blackberries, raspberries, bananas...etc
You HAVE to try this Patriotic Fruit Pizza!
It’s so incredibly easy to make and tastes like a little slice of heaven!
Heck don’t even worry about making it for Memorial Day…make it just because- it’s worth it!
Do you have any fun plans for Memorial Day Weekend?
What’s your favorite dessert to bring to a BBQ?
Do you have a favorite patriotic dessert?
Don’t forget to PIN IT for later!