Food, Product, Reviews, Snacks

Guilt Free Protein Ice Cream Sandwich

HAPPY FRIDAY!

We’ve officially (almost) made it to the weekend!

This was my first week working at Perfect Bar and to say I’m exhausted would be an understatement. This isn’t just another new job for me this is an actual career! Working for Perfect Bar is a dream come true and I’ve put 110% of my heart and soul into this first week.

Normally I’d say bring on a glass or ummm BOTTLE of wine to celebrate and relax but I’m holding strong to my no booze until after my marathon promise.

SO…option #2:  A guilt free protein ice cream sandwich instead???

YES PLEASE!

FullSizeRender (90)
I actually can’t take any credit for thinking up this incredible protein ice cream sandwich.

My good friend Harvey who first introduced me to Halo Top ice cream came up with this combination.

Let me tell you guys a quick story on how this all came to be. I posted a picture of me eating Halo Top on Snapchat and then Harvey messaged me saying “put that between 2 Complete Cookies for the best treat ever”. The end.

Not the most exciting story ever but when you’re a psycho foodie like me hearing of new food combinations can make my whole day!

But seriously if you had an exhausting week like me NOW is the time to treat yourself!

Here’s how:

Take 2 Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookies (any flavor), scoop some Halo Top ice cream (any flavor) in the middle, smash together and ENJOY!

DROOOOOOOOOOL!

It really doesn’t get much better!

FullSizeRender (88)

If you’ve never heard of The Complete Cookie by Lenny & Larry I’m so glad you’re still reading this post!

Each cookie has 16 g of protein and 8 g of fiber. In addition to that these cookies contain:

• No genetically modified organisms
  • No soy
  • No high fructose corn syrup
  • No cholesterol
  • No trans fat
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • No sugar alcohols
  • Kosher
  • No dairy
  • No eggs
  • Vegan

And most important to add to that list is that they actually taste GREAT! For this protein ice cream sandwich I used the Double Chocolate and Double Chocolate Peanut Butter.

For a full list of flavors and where to purchase visit their website.

IMG_6595

So I may have kind of lied about the whole guilt free aspect of this protein ice cream sandwich.

While both Halo Top and The Complete Cookie are far better options than their fatty counterparts nothing is 100% guilt free.

Each Complete Cookie is about 400 calories so when you’re using 2 that’s a lot of calories adding up there really quickly.

They’re also just REALLY filling so to make this actually GUILT FREE cut it in half and split it with your boyfriend, your best friend, your girlfriend, your dog, your sister, your brother, your dad…whoever.

Or be a fatty like me and just eat the whole thing.

Anyway I’m brain dead and rambling. HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!

Have you tried Halo Top or a Complete Cookie?

If so, what’s your favorite flavor?

Any fun weekend plans?

• Reply Kristy @ Southern In Law May 20, 2016 at 2:11 am

Helllooo deliciousness! πŸ˜‰ This is definitely my kinda dessert!
    Kristy @ Southern In Law recently posted…Recent Things: Peanut Butter, Baby Goats and ChocolovingMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker May 20, 2016 at 12:30 pm

It’s incredible- a must try πŸ™‚

• Reply kerri mcgrail May 20, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Well I wish that Lenny & Larrys cookies were GF so I could have them! I did try halo top a while back before I went vegan, and did enjoy the taste! I really liked the lemon flavor. Love combining two healthier products for one delicious dessert!
    kerri mcgrail recently posted…6 Best Ways to Improve DigestionMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker May 23, 2016 at 11:53 am

Awww I wish they were GF too but Halo Top is! So Delicious and I even think Ben & Jerry’s has vegan ice cream…on mu to try list πŸ™‚

• Reply Kellen McAvoy May 23, 2016 at 11:30 am

I love Len & Larry’s cookies! My coworker introduced me to them and I’m obsessed. Since I’m not marathon training and burning a gazillion calories like you, I may have to split the cookie in half and top with some Arctic Zero πŸ™‚ I still haven’t tried Halo top yet but my roommate loves the stuff!
    Kellen McAvoy recently posted…Blogger’s Guide to Google AnalyticsMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker May 23, 2016 at 11:54 am

Addicted to Lenny and Larry’s right now…it’s becoming a problem! You have to try Halo Top…seriously sneak a spoonful of your roommate’s πŸ˜‰

• Reply Sarah @ BucketListTummy May 23, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Yum! I love ice cream sandwiches, they are a happy memory from childhood. I’ve never tried Lenny and Larry’s. Can you buy them in any grocery stores?

• Reply Diana Becker May 23, 2016 at 1:35 pm

You can find them everywhere! I usually get them at Sprouts, Ralphs, Whole Foods or Vons/Safeway…SO GOOD! They will most likely be near all of the protein bars πŸ™‚

• Reply Shannon May 23, 2016 at 7:43 pm

YUMMMM!!! I need to find these cookies!

• Reply GiGi Eats May 24, 2016 at 6:27 pm

I want a BEYOND humungous bite of that… AKA: stick the whole thing in my mouth!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Crushing On A CuisineMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker May 25, 2016 at 8:48 am

Haha oh I think I devoured the entire thing in 4 bites…no shame!

• Reply rachel @ athletic avocado May 25, 2016 at 10:18 am

I need to try lenny and larry’s cookies! I’ve seen them all over instagram and they look amazing!
    rachel @ athletic avocado recently posted…Blackberry Peach Crisp Baked Oatmeal {Gluten-free & Vegan}My Profile

• Reply Diana Becker May 25, 2016 at 10:50 am

You’ll LOVE them! They’re pretty easy to find in stores too..but check their store locator online before running all over the place hunting them down πŸ™‚ I try to split them in half since a whole cookie is 400 calories..but sometimes you just have to indulge a little πŸ™‚

• Reply Kim Huffman June 10, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Nick eats the birthday cake cookie almost every night and just the other night he said we should make ice cream sandwiches with the halo top birthday cake too! Ha! So its funny you already had a post about both of those amazing treats!! :p