What you eat for breakfast sets the tone for your entire day.
Think about it…
If you start your day with a doughnut and sugary coffee you’re going to be a lot less likely to eat healthy throughout the rest of that day. I don’t know about you but when I start my day wrong my mind immediately goes to “SCREW IT MODE” and I just figure I’ll get back on track the next day. Hello cheat day that turns into cheat week that turns into 20 unwanted pounds.
You guys, I’m telling you simply starting your day off with something healthy makes a world of difference in your energy, food cravings and overall mindset.
I try to drink some seriously variation of my Green Detox Drink every single morning but if I’m being honest sometimes the thought of drinking the same drink day after day makes me sick.
So when Green Blender reached out to me asking if I’d like to try their smoothie delivery service I jumped at the chance. An opportunity to try new blends of fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds and other superfoods to spice up my daily green smoothie ritual…yes please!
Green Blender is a smoothie delivery service where each week a box is delivered to your house with all the ingredients for 5 unique smoothie recipes (Just FYI each smoothie makes 2 servings so you basically get enough ingredients for 10 smoothies).
The ingredients are all pre portioned so you don’t have to waste time measuring, chopping and washing in the morning and even better you won’t have tons of leftover food that just goes to waste.
Honestly the biggest reason I make the same smoothie every day is because it’s not realistic to buy 9875498579 ingredients that will go bad in a week just to have some smoothie variety…umm thank you Green Blender for solving this issue.
Now Green Blender isn’t just sending you your boring standard ingredients like spinach, bananas, kale…etc that you could easily just go buy.
They’re sending you locally sourced, organic, high quality produce PLUS incredible superfoods like lucuma powder, flax seeds, goji berries, hemp seeds…etc.
I don’t know about you all but I’d never even know to add some of these things to smoothie but they have so many incredible health benefits and I’m always looking to add as many nutrients as possible to my morning smoothie.
I was very impressed with the quality of ingredients Green Blender provided and how unique and delicious each smoothie recipe was!
I highly recommend Green Blender if you want to save time in the morning, are bored drinking the same exact smoothie every single morning like me or really just want to start establishing a healthy morning routine.
Also, be sure to listen to the founder of Green Blender on the Blissful Bites Podcast! She’s so incredibly passionate about changing peoples lives 1 smoothie at a time: listen here
So to answer the main question of this post… Why should you start every day with a green smoothie?
Well here are my top 5 reasons that I start every single day out with a green smoothie:
- Energy- Fruits naturally contain sugars that provide the body with short bursts of energy but the what really makes green smoothies so powerful in proving the body with lasting energy is the leafy greens. Greens like spinach, kale, chard…etc are packed with energy producing vitamins and minerals.
- Prevent cravings- Since green smoothies are packed with fruits and veggies they are high in both fiber and water content that really makes you full. I really can go a few hours without even thinking about food post green smoothie which is a miracle haha.
- Guarantee getting in fruits and vegetables- This is honestly my #1 reason for drinking a green smoothie every day! I don’t really like snacking on fruit and am way too lazy to chop up veggies during the work week so drinking veggies really is my best bet. I know as long as I have my morning smoothie and some veggies with dinner I’m good to go.
- Hydrate- No need for another water rant here but a great way to start hydrating first thing in the morning is simply drinking a water based green smoothie.
- Boost your metabolism- We’re talked about the importance of eating breakfast on the blog before…remember “breaking the fast”? But if you’re not a breakfast person or just don’t have the time try a smoothie (it takes 2 minutes) and really consider something like Green Blender to make you’re life even easier.
Have you ever tried Green Blender?
Smoothie delivery…any thoughts?
What do you eat in the morning to start your day?
**I received a complimentary box from Green Blender in exchange for an honest review. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own.