Today is a very special day you guys!
IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!!
I have to work all day today but am so looking forward to dinner at La Jolla Shores with Bryce this evening then wine, pizza, fish tacos and the beach with my family this weekend. Keeping it nice and low key this year.
So since it’s my birthday I thought it would be appropriate to share one of my favorite desserts ever and do one of those fun “get to know me” surveys. Thanks Amanda for the survey idea!
Yes I know this recipe is not healthy or very “lean”but hey sometimes you just have to live a little.
17 Things About Me:
- What are your vices? The $.99 peanut butter cups at Trader Joe’s and everything Bravo (OC Housewives & Vanderpump)
- What is on your nightstand? I’m oddly obsessed with fake flowers and have them all over my apartment. My nightstand has a gorgeous fake white orchid, a lamp, a jasmine scented candle and probably a mug with tea or coffee.
- Do you have a secret talent? Honestly, no. I wish!
- What is your greatest indulgence? Pasta, bread, cheese (especially brie cheese), pizza oh and very sweet white wine like a Riesling.
- What brings you the greatest joy? Accomplishing things I never thought I could. Which is probably why I love running so much. Never in a million years did I think I’d be able to run a marathon.
- What should everyone try at least once in their life? Yoga. You will never understand how great you feel both mentally and physically after just a 1 hour class until you do it.
- What makes you laugh? Besides the obvious friends, family, boyfriend answer I die laughing listening to The Bitch Bible podcast. The things this girl says are my exact thoughts I’d never have the nerve to say out loud.
- What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I’m terrified of dogs and allergic to dogs. And nope, not a cat person either.
- What is on your bucket list? I need to travel more! I’d love to explore Thailand, Australia, Alaska, Greece, France and Italy.
- What is on your feet right now? Tory Burch ballet flats.
- How did you make your first dollar? Working at the San Diego Zoo’s Safari Park aka the WAP in food service.
- What superstition do you believe in? Nada!
- What items in your closet do you wear the most? I wear black Paige skinny jeans and a portofino shirt from Express almost every single day to work.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received? The ability to go to college without taking out student loans. Thanks mom & dad.
- What is on your liquor shelf? I don’t keep any liquor in my apartment. I sound like a total alcoholic but I’m the kind of person where if I have a bottle of wine at home…I’m going to drink that bottle of wine.
- What is on your kitchen counter? ALWAYS my blender, toaster and coffee maker. Anything else on there gives me anxiety.
- What would you never leave home without? A water bottle. I’ve been half way to work and turned around to get my water bottle it’s such a thing for me.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies:
Like I mentioned above, these cookies are not healthy, skinny, lean or anything but what they are is DELICIOUS!
Growing up my mom would always make these cookies in the summer when it was just way too hot to turn on the oven.
Not even kidding, look at this very vintage well loved recipe:
Promise it’s re-written very clearly below haha!
I LOVE whipping up a batch of these delicious chocolate peanut butter cookies when I get a sweet tooth but don’t want to actually bake anything. Plus I just don’t enjoy baking that much. I can cook all day but baking…ehhhh I hate how if you mess up one small thing your entire dessert can be ruined.
I’ll stick to “no bake” desserts please.
I highly recommend storing these cookies in the fridge to give them a very dense fudgey consistency. And since there isn’t anything but peanut butter holding them together they get messy at room temperature.
So what are you waiting for? In the time you just took reading this post you could have already made these no bake cookies.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- wax or parchment paper
- Add sugar, butter, milk and cocoa powder to a pan and heat over low heat until it reaches a gentle boil
- Remove from heat and immediately add in peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Stir to combine well.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and using a tablespoon scoop the batter onto the baking sheet. You should get about 20 cookies.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for 30 mins- 1 hr.
- *Store the cookies in the refrigerator. When they are cool they get a very dense fudgey texture that is to die for.
What is one thing you think everyone should try once in their life?
Have you had no bake cookies before?
What was one of your favorite desserts growing up?
Don’t forget to PINT IT!