Just when I thought I was going to take a little break from running to let my body heal from my marathon and completing the Triple Crown this past year I get an email that I’ve been selected to be an ambassador for the Fit Foodie Run here in San Diego. Looks like the running isn’t stopping any time soon.
I’ll be honest ever since completing my last half marathon in August I’ve really been enjoying not having to train for anything. I’ve still be running a couple times a week but it’s 3 miles here, 5 miles there…noting too crazy. Really, it’s just enough to keep me sane. I wasn’t planing on doing any other races this year but this race just sounds too delicious to pass up on!
This year the Fit Foodie Run gives you the option of running a 5 k (3.1 miles) or a 10 k (6.2 miles). I’m going to do the 10 k and really use it as motivation to focus more on speed work. For the past 2 years my training has been for half marathons and marathons so all my runs have been slow, long, trail runs with very little speed work. I HATE SPEED WORK! But, I truly think for me to improve as a runner it’s necessary to incorporate it into my training.
So there we have it the Fit Foodie Run 10 k is happening October 22nd giving me a little over a month to train and prepare myself. The Fit Foodie Run is so much more than just a race though and I’m so excited to tell you all a little more about this incredible food filled weekend in this post!
Post hot, sweaty run this weekend! Thank goodness I haven’t stopped running because I’m ready to eat, drink and celebrate at the Fit Foodie Run!
What is the Cooking Light & Health Fit Foodie Race Weekend all about?
This event really is the ULTIMATE celebration of food, fitness, health and fun!
In addition to the race on Saturday there are also cooking demonstrations from celebrity chefs, fitness demonstrations, sweat sessions, pre and post race parties and so much more spanning across a 3 day period!
Here’s a breakdown of the events going on over the 3 days. You can register online for each day individually or can also register for the entire weekend of events.
- Friday October 21st: PARTY WITH A PURPOSE- Before the race you can spend the evening mingling with editors from Cooking Light and Health along with other fit foodies like yourself. There will be delicious bites provided and opportunities to win some amazing prizes.
- Saturday October 22nd: THE FIT FOODIE RUN 5k/10k- Race day! After you cross the finish line the real foodie party begins. The post race celebration features food and beverage samples, culinary demonstrations, mini fitness classes, raffle prizes, 21+ celebratory drinks and much more.
- Sunday October 23rd: SWEAT SESSION- Not a runner but still want to participate in this delicious weekend…or hey maybe you are a runner and still want another sweat session. Sunday features a circuit workout (suitable for all fitness levels) that will seriously kick your butt. After the class refreshments will be available…obviously–it’s the Fit FOODIE weekend!
Just to clarify again you can register for just 1 day or the entire weekend here. Be sure to use the code LIVELEANEATGREEN for 10% off at checkout.
Let’s talk about the exhibitors!
There is nothing worse than spending money on a race only to find out there are no celebratory drinks after or any food for that matter.
We run to eat right? Hellllo!
I love that the Fit Foodie motto is all about “calories burned = calories earned”. Running a race is hard work and we deserve a little indulging after! That’s why I’m so excited about the exhibitors for this race! In addition to these amazing companies there will also be live culinary demonstrations plus other food and beverages.
- Califa Farms- I’m so obsessed with their delicious cold brew!
- Momentum Jewelry – Their workout friendly jewelry is SO CUTE! I’ve been dying to get my hands on some!
- Cookie Thins- I could eat 1,000000 of these and they would never get old. The brownie batter ones are just to die for!
- Truly Spiked & Sparkling- This is flavored sparkling water with alcohol. The drinks are only 100 calories and are so refreshing and delicious plus they get you buzzed really quick.
- Waypoint Public- AWESOME FOOD!!
What are you waiting for?
Prices for the Fit Foodie Race Weekend go up on September 20th so if you want to be a part of San Diego’s most delicious race weekend I highly recommend registering sooner rather than later.
For all event details please visit the Fit Foodie website or feel free to send me a message!
I’ll be there on Saturday to run the 10 k then stuff my face with all the delicious food and drinks.
Oh and remember to use the code LIVELEANEATGREEN for 10% off!