Breakfast, Food, Nutrition Tips, Nutrition Tips, Snacks

25 New Ways To Use Protein Powder

protein powder

I have a very love/ hate relationship with protein powder.

After I run or lift weights I always have a protein shake to help my muscles recover and build themselves back stronger than ever. I truly see a huge difference in my work out progress when I regularly consume protein powder BUT drinking the same shake over and over again can get old.

Until very recently I hadn’t even thought to mix things up and instead of drinking a boring shake maybe using some protein powder in things like cookies, pancakes, muffins, energy balls…etc.

But after receiving a couple of requests on ways to incorporate protein powder into your diet without making a shake/ smoothie I was very intrigued to broaden my protein powder horizons.

To provide you all with the most ideas possible I reached out to my fabulous friends in my blogging community for a little help.

I was just blown away with how many creative recipes they sent me to use for this post. Everything from cookie butter truffle protein balls to zucchini muffins ALL USING PROTEIN POWDER!

Enjoy and I hope you all get inspired to change up your protein powder routine!

25 New Ways To Use Protein Powder:

chocolate-cherry-protein-cookies-2

no-bake chocolate cherry protein cookies by Fit Mitten Kitchen

Cookies:

chocolate_covered_chickpea_protein_balls_5_edit

chocolate covered chickpea protein balls by Emilie Eats

DIY Protein Bars/Balls:

strawberry-muffins

strawberry protein muffins by the clean eating couple

Oatmeal & Muffins:

What’s your favorite brand of protein powder?

What’s your favorite way to eat/ drink protein powder?

• Reply Beverley @ Born to Sweat September 20, 2016 at 7:21 am

im superrrr picky about the protein i get and will ONLY drink the Kaizen stuff from Costco. Recently tho i’ve been using it less and less, just cause im trying to get more protein in with my meals. i definitely appreciate posts like this because i would much rather eat a delicious baked good than drink a boring shake!!
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…10 Minute Apple Walnut SaladMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker September 22, 2016 at 8:43 am

I’ve never tried Kaizen…I’m going to look for it next time I’m at Costco.

• Reply Jess @hellotofit September 20, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Great round-up, my friend! I rarely use protein powder, I’m not sure why….I just forget? Hehe I usually spring for a Greek yogurt or Siggi’s, but having these recipes on hand is nice!!

• Reply Diana Becker September 22, 2016 at 8:44 am

I always forget or just get too lazy to make a shake which is why when I’m actually feeling motivated I’ll whip up protein cookies or balls or something.

• Reply Danielle @ Wild Coast Tales September 20, 2016 at 12:45 pm

I love this round-up! Lately post-long run I have been mixing protein powder (Vega Sport French Vanilla or Mokka) with cashew or coconut milk, nut butter, and mashed sweet potatoes. I’ll top with frozen berries and sometimes carob or dark chocolate chips! I’ve also been making snack balls every week with protein powder, chickpeas, and oats. A fun snack to have on hand.

• Reply Diana Becker September 22, 2016 at 8:44 am

Woah that sounds absolutely delicious!

• Reply J. Roose September 21, 2016 at 3:16 am

I also have a love/hate relationship with protein powder. Most of them taste horrible to me. The only one I can tolerate is BSN mint chocolate. I may try to purchase the vanilla one to try these recipes though! Great post.

• Reply Diana Becker September 22, 2016 at 8:45 am

Mint Chocolate is my favorite! I’ll have to check out BSN!