Fitness, My Weekly Workouts

How To Earn Rewards By Staying Fit

You know how I know the holiday season is upon us?

No, not the cooler weather because it’s 87 degrees right now in San Diego and I just came inside from laying out at my pool to write this.

EMPTY GYMS!

EMPTY YOGA CLASSES!

EMPTY RUNNING TRAILS!

The holiday season causes so may people to get into the mindset of not caring about fitness or nutrition until the new year. I get that people get busy, family comes into town, work has end of the year deadlines but come on people!! Why start the new year out 10 lbs heavier if you don’t have to?

Personally, the holiday season gives me MORE motivation to eat right and workout, but I think I’m in the minority on this one.

So, in the holiday spirit and to help combat everyone’s decreasing motivation, I figured this was the perfect time to introduce you all to an incredible free app called Vea

vea1

What is Vea?

Vea is a FREE app that rewards you for staying fit. YES, you get rewarded simply for working out!

Here’s how it works:

vea

1. Select a challenge- Vea has challenges for everyone at any fitness level. The challenges are constantly changing too, so you have a plenty of workout options and rewards. Right now, a few of the challenges are: Walk or run 5 miles get 15% off Fresh Yoga Gear, Run 3 miles get 20% off Blenders Eyewear, Walk or run 2 miles and get 15% off at Thrive Market. A couple weeks ago I did a challenge and got a FREE iphone 6 armband case and another one for a FREE jar of Justin’s peanut butter. You have to check every single day!

2. Run/ Walk/ Bike the distance- Vea has a great GPS exercise tracker that automatically logs your workouts. I also love that they have a social section on the app so you can see what other Vea users are doing to stay fit.

3. Redeem your well deserved rewards- It really doesn’t get much easier than this. After you meet the distance requirement of the challenge and finish your workout you simply click “redeem” and you are emailed instructions on how to get your reward. EASY!

I have disclose that this post  is not sponsored! My friend from college created this app and I just think it is a GENIUS idea that every single person needs to know about. The more people who download the app the more brands can be added to the challenges…the possibilities are endless. For more information about Vea visit their website and be sure to download the app. It’s FREE and every extra bit of motivation this time of year helps right?

vea2

My Weekly Workouts:

As you all know from this post I am under doctors orders not to do any crazy working out until we can figure out WTF is going on in my body. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist next week and have an appointment for a pelvic ultrasound the first week of December. Needless to say I’m a work in progress but if I can find the motivation to workout and honor my body going through obnoxious health issues so can you!

NO EXCUSES!

• Monday: yoga
  • Tuesday: yoga sculpt
  • Wednesday: yoga sculpt
  • Thursday: rest
  • Friday: 3-5 mile run (have to see what Vea challenges are available)
  • Saturday: yoga
  • Sunday: long-ish run 5-7 miles

vea3

Do you want to get rewarded simply for exercising?

What brands would you love to see Vea partner with next?

Do you lose or gain motivation during the holiday season?

++Don’t forget to try out Vea and follow them on all their social media too be the first to know about new brands and challenges: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook!

• Reply Jonathan November 14, 2016 at 7:03 am

This is fantastic! Thanks for helping share our mission Diana. We’d love any feedback or ideas for new rewards. Feel free to reach out @ hello (at) veafitness.com

• Reply Diana Becker November 14, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Oh you are so welcome! LOVE the app 🙂

• Reply Susie @ SuzLyfe November 14, 2016 at 9:26 am

Super cool! I know people who are so good about rewards apps and such, and I ALWAYS forget. Um, I’m a personal trainer and a runner, I think I could do pretty well, lol
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Back in the Kitchen, Out in the SunMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker November 14, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Oh you could do VERY well! Check the Vea app often they have some pretty great stuff on these 🙂

• Reply Shaniece November 14, 2016 at 12:38 pm

It’s good to know that I can get rewards to stay active. This is a great incentive for people that struggle with working out and staying healthy. Great post!
    Shaniece recently posted…5 Health Benefits of YogaMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker November 14, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Aww thank you! It’s so good for that extra boost of motivation–nothing like getting free stuff haha!

• Reply Kara November 14, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Wow very cool – I’ll have to check out that app. I’m definitely one of those people that uses this busy time of year as an excuse to skip some workouts, so anything helps! Thanks for sharing
    Kara recently posted…3 Ways You’re Sabotaging Your HappinessMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker November 16, 2016 at 4:56 pm

You are welcome! I bet if you see something you really want on there you won’t even think about skipping that workout 🙂

• Reply Kellen McAvoy November 15, 2016 at 12:17 pm

This looks so cool! I actually downloaded it when I saw you talk about it around the time of the Fit Foodie but I forgot to turn it on haha Definitely doing this during hal marathon training 🙂
    Kellen McAvoy recently posted…Mexican Breakfast OatsMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker November 16, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Oh yeah with half training every bit of extra motivation helps 🙂

• Reply Sarah @ BucketListTummy November 15, 2016 at 3:57 pm

What a neat idea for an app. Nice to see people creating things that will benefit the health of the general public for free!
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy recently posted…New Family Addition + My Top Kitchen ProductsMy Profile

• Reply Diana Becker November 16, 2016 at 4:57 pm

RIGHT!!!! I think it’s so great to see more and more health/ fitness/ nutrition apps out there for free!

• Reply Betty November 27, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Hi, thanks for sharing us a great post.
    You had a great plan to exercise during the holiday. It seems hard to me in practicing the gym or running. I am lazy. After reading your post, I must change my mind absolutely.
    Betty recently posted…Who invented Softball? The Unexpected OriginMy Profile

• Reply Barbara J. Silverman November 28, 2016 at 7:51 pm

I like your workout schedule. May I try your schedule for a week to find out Is this fit my body and my health. Because now I only workout on 3 or 4 days a week. But I wanna push me more to reach the high goal. Thanks for sharing this.
    Barbara J. Silverman recently posted…Best Shoes for Wide FeetMy Profile