You know how I know the holiday season is upon us?
No, not the cooler weather because it’s 87 degrees right now in San Diego and I just came inside from laying out at my pool to write this.
EMPTY YOGA CLASSES!
EMPTY RUNNING TRAILS!
The holiday season causes so may people to get into the mindset of not caring about fitness or nutrition until the new year. I get that people get busy, family comes into town, work has end of the year deadlines but come on people!! Why start the new year out 10 lbs heavier if you don’t have to?
Personally, the holiday season gives me MORE motivation to eat right and workout, but I think I’m in the minority on this one.
So, in the holiday spirit and to help combat everyone’s decreasing motivation, I figured this was the perfect time to introduce you all to an incredible free app called Vea.
What is Vea?
Vea is a FREE app that rewards you for staying fit. YES, you get rewarded simply for working out!
Here’s how it works:
1. Select a challenge- Vea has challenges for everyone at any fitness level. The challenges are constantly changing too, so you have a plenty of workout options and rewards. Right now, a few of the challenges are: Walk or run 5 miles get 15% off Fresh Yoga Gear, Run 3 miles get 20% off Blenders Eyewear, Walk or run 2 miles and get 15% off at Thrive Market. A couple weeks ago I did a challenge and got a FREE iphone 6 armband case and another one for a FREE jar of Justin’s peanut butter. You have to check every single day!
2. Run/ Walk/ Bike the distance- Vea has a great GPS exercise tracker that automatically logs your workouts. I also love that they have a social section on the app so you can see what other Vea users are doing to stay fit.
3. Redeem your well deserved rewards- It really doesn’t get much easier than this. After you meet the distance requirement of the challenge and finish your workout you simply click “redeem” and you are emailed instructions on how to get your reward. EASY!
[Tweet “Learn how to earn rewards by staying fit with @veafitness”]
I have disclose that this post is not sponsored! My friend from college created this app and I just think it is a GENIUS idea that every single person needs to know about. The more people who download the app the more brands can be added to the challenges…the possibilities are endless. For more information about Vea visit their website and be sure to download the app. It’s FREE and every extra bit of motivation this time of year helps right?
My Weekly Workouts:
As you all know from this post I am under doctors orders not to do any crazy working out until we can figure out WTF is going on in my body. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist next week and have an appointment for a pelvic ultrasound the first week of December. Needless to say I’m a work in progress but if I can find the motivation to workout and honor my body going through obnoxious health issues so can you!
- Monday: yoga
- Tuesday: yoga sculpt
- Wednesday: yoga sculpt
- Thursday: rest
- Friday: 3-5 mile run (have to see what Vea challenges are available)
- Saturday: yoga
- Sunday: long-ish run 5-7 miles
Do you want to get rewarded simply for exercising?
What brands would you love to see Vea partner with next?
Do you lose or gain motivation during the holiday season?