I look forward to the Superbowl almost as much as Christmas.
Every year I know my
San Diego Los Angeles Chargers (RIP) won’t be in the Superbowl but I still just love the whole idea of getting together with friends/ family to eat, drink and watch an epic game. This year should not disappoint with Tom Brady (love me some Brady) and the Patriots playing the Falcons…GO PATS!
Last year I did a post on Super Easy Superbowl Snacks and it got such good feedback I knew I had to do something similar for 2017. Well you guys I decided to really go big this year. Not only am I sharing a recipe for Wasabi Deviled Eggs but I’m also including 20 other healthy snackr ideas AND a giveaway for one of my favorite cookbooks the I Love Trader Joe’s Party Cookbook.
If you haven’t heard of the I Love Trader Joe’s cookbooks well listen up! These cookbooks only use ingredients from Trader Joe’s aka the best store in the world. Some of the other cookbooks in the series are Dinner’s Done, 5 Ingredient, Around The World, College…etc.
To enter the giveaway simply do the following (Winner will be announced Friday 1/27):
- Comment on my latest Instagram post telling me what your favorite thing to snack on during the Superbowl is (Instagram: @liveleaneatgreen)
- Extra credit: Tag a friend
[Tweet “GIVEAWAY! Win a copy of the I Love Trader Joe’s Party Cookbook.”]
Wasabi Deviled Eggs
You haven’t lived until you’ve tried the wasabi mayonnaise from Trader Joe’s. I love adding it to tuna (I think I’m addicted to tuna), spreading it on wraps, using it as a dip…you name it so when I saw the Wasabi Deviled Egg recipe in the I Love Trader Joe’s Party Cookbook I freaked out!
I immediately went and bought some hard boiled eggs to make these and you guys…they turned out so good!
Even better…you only need 3 ingredients and if you’re feeling extra lazy like I was you can simply buy the pre hardboiled eggs from Trader Joe’s!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Trader Joe’s wasabi mayonnaise (If you don’t like too much heat in your food only use 1 Tbsp of the wasabi mayo and regular mayo for the rest)
- 3 green onions (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your hard boiled eggs in half, remove the yolkes and place the yolks into a small bowl
- Add the mayonnaise and green onions to the bowl with the egg yolks and mash together until smooth. Season to salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the hard boiled eggs with the yolk/mayo mixture, place on a plate and sprinkle with the remaining green onions
[Tweet “Wasabi Deviled Eggs…perfect for #SuperbowlSunday”]
20 Healthy (ish) Superbowl Snack Ideas
- Burrito Bowl Loaded Potato Skins from Pumpkin and Peanut Butter
- Sweet Potato Pizza from Eat The Gains
- Brussels, Bacon and Blue Cheese Bites from Eat The Gains
- Greek Party Platter from SoCal Mommy
- Superbowl Sweet Potato Nachos with Ground Turkey from Hungry By Nature
- Spicy Chorizo Bruschetta Eggplant Toasts from Athletic Avocado
- Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip from Live Lean Eat Green
- Sweet & Spicy Chickpea Pub Mix from Miss Allie’s Kitchen
- Last Minute Holiday Hummus from Live Lean Eat Green
- Funfetti Popcorn from A Cup of Kellen
- Honey Tequila Lime Chicken Drummies from Physical Kitchness
- Gameday Buffalo Chicken Meatballs from Hungry By Nature
- Baked Zucchini Fries from SoCal Mommy
- Everything Bagel Hummus from Hungry By Nature
- Crispy Cauliflower Nuggets from Let’s Get Living
- 3 Ingredient Brie & Fig Bites from Live Lean Eat Green
- Artichoke & Goat Cheese Naan With Green Olive Tapenade from Live Lean Eat Green
- Mini Caprese Skewers from Live Lean Eat Green
- Baked Zucchini Chips with Lemon Yogurt Sauce by Hungry By Nature
- Seriously The Best Kale Chips by Fit Mitten Kitchen
[Tweet “20 healthy superbowl snack ideas #superbowl”]
Who do you want to win the Superbowl?
Who is your favorite football team?
Have you entered my giveaway on Instagram?