I never leave my house without snacks and water.
You just never know what is going to happen and if I don’t have food with me well…let’s just say I turn into a monster.
So as I gear up for my trip for San Francisco this weekend I wanted to share with you all the snacks I always have with me and DEFINITELY have with me when I travel since I really can’t think of anything worse than getting hungry on a flight and being forced to eat that tiny, nasty, salty pack of nuts or if your flight gets delayed and there are no healthy food options.
Live Lean Eat Green tip: Always have to plan for the worst and hey if you don’t end up eating all your snacks there’s nothing wrong with some leftovers.
Alright, let’s get to the food!
Healthy Snacks I Always Have In My Bag While Traveling:
- Perfect Bars, Rx Bars & Lara Bars- Bars are by far the easiest on-the-go snack but like we’ve discussed on the blog some bars are awesome and other well…are basically just chemical filled candy bars. My three favorite bars right now are Perfect Bar, Rx Bar and Lara Bar. All three have VERY clean ingredients and taste awesome. Fun fact: Perfect Bars can be kept out of the fridge for 1 week making them a great travel option.
- Wilde Bars- These are the only meat based bars I’ve tried that aren’t dry and nasty. Wilde bars are basically just pre-portioned jerky but are super moist and flavorful. LOVE these for a boost of protein.
- Justin’s Nut Butter Packs & Snacks- I have a crazy nut butter addiction so having pre-portioned packs of nut butter is crucial…especially when it’s freakin JUSTIN’S and you’re bored on a plane or something. I’m not joking I’ve been known to eat an entire jar of the Vanilla Almond Butter with a spoon HA! I’m currently obsessed with the individual Vanilla Almond Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut packs. They’re awesome by themselves or on apples or bananas if they’re available. Justin’s also recently came out with snack packs that have banana chips and a small amount of peanut butter…again portion control!
- Bare Apple Chips- Speaking of apples, apples chips are one of my all time favorite snacks and Bare Apple Chips are serious the best out there. They’re low in calories and fat and make a great, crunchy snack that actually has nutrients in it. PLUS the only ingredient…APPLES…exactly how food should be.
- Mary’s Gone Crackers- So these may be a little bit dangerous to bring on a flight or a road-trip (you’ve been warned) but sometimes you just have to indulge and hey they’re WAY BETTER than Doritos or something like that. Mary’s Gone Crackers are organic, gluten free, non-gmo, vegan, kosher and are only made with whole grain brown rice, whole grain quinoa, brown flax seeds, brown sesame seeds, filtered water, sea salt, jalapeño powder, sea weed and dehydrated onion…YES PLEASE!
[Tweet “The healthy snacks I always have in my bag while traveling”]
Alright I’m off to start packing for my trip.
I’d love to hear from you all what snacks you bring with you while traveling (healthy or not). I’m always looking for new ideas!