One of my ultimate pet peeves is when people say “I’m too busy to eat healthy/ cook my own food”.
Uhhhhhh…newsflash everyone is busy!
There are seriously some days where I wake up at 5:00 am to blog, leave for work at 8:00 am, get off work at 5:30 pm, sit in traffic and drive to yoga at 7:00 pm then get home at around 8:30 pm and STILL cook myself a healthy meal because I value my health.
The goal of this post is not to make you all feel guilty or like you’re lazy because lets be honest… it’s freakin’ hard to think of quick, healthy meals that taste good! My goal is to give you a little inspiration and a few ideas of easy, healthy meals that you can make in 10 minutes or less. Oh and to make your lives even easier all the ingredients for these recipes can be found at Trader Joe’s.
So seriously, 10 minutes or less to prep/cook AND you only have no go to 1 grocery store…no more excuses people!
I eat these tuna melts every single Wednesday night since I get home from yoga so late. They’re cheesy, delicious and SO EASY. If you’re really on top of your game you can even prep the tuna to make sandwich assembly even easier come dinner time. Recipe makes enough tuna for 2 tuna melts!
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 slice bread (any kind)
- 1 slice swiss cheese (or any cheese)
- 2 tomato slices (optional- I also sometimes add some spinach/kale or if I have nothing in my house just leave the veggies off)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set oven to broil
- Mash tuna and avocado together seasoning with salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place bread on foil. Top the bread with your tuna mixture, tomato slices and cheese. Broil for about 3 mins or until cheese is melted and bread slightly toasted.
I am kind of obsessed with this meal right now, especially after long training runs when I’m too dead to even pour myself a glass of water ha! Feel free to sub the tofu for chicken or shrimp but either way you can have a gourmet tasting meal hot in a bowl in no time! Honestly, This recipe could probably feed 2 people or be enough for your dinner then lunch but sometimes when I’m super hungry I’ll devour the whole thing…no shame!
- 1 pack of Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen stir-fry veggies
- 1/2 block tofu
- soy sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (divided)
- Cook frozen brown rice in microwave according to package instructions and set aside
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook stir-fry veggies for about 5 mins. In another skillet heat the other half of the coconut oil and place the tofu in letting it cook for about 2 mins per side. While the tofu is cooking sprinkle on the turmeric for that gorgeous yellow color.
- Toss everything together in a bowl and top it off with some soy sauce
Veggie Burger Salad
I can’t believe I’m even writing a “recipe” for this but I recently re-discovered the magic of veggie burgers and just had to share. Currently I am in love with Hilary’s Veggie Burgers but for the sake of this post Trader Joe’s also makes some pretty decent veggie burgers (I used Dr. Prager’s found a Trader Joe’s for this recipe).
- 1 premade salad (I used Trader Joe’s Super Spinach Salad)
- 1-2 veggie burgers
- Cook veggie burger according to package instructions
- Place veggie burger onto salad. Toss together and enjoy!
What’s your go-to easy, healthy, fast meal?
On busy nights do you tend to eat out or cook something quick?
What’s your favorite veggie burger brand?