Back in January I completed the 21-Day Sugar Detox program and really cleaned up my diet. My energy levels were high, my stomach wasn’t bloated and I didn’t crave sugar/junk AT ALL.
Well…over the past couple of months I’ve noticed my bad habit of consuming WAY too much sugar sneaking back into my life. We’re talking FLAVORED creamer in my coffee, cookies after lunch, Justin’s peanut butter cups instead of a healthy snack and more peanut butter cups after dinner.
Uhhh…hello sugar addiction.
I clearly realize that doing something like the 21-Day Sugar Detox again probably isn’t productive because the second its over my bad habits will probably come right back. So what’s a girl to do when they want a freakin’ treat but also want to reel in their crazy sugar addiction.
My conclusion this past week has been to allow myself treats only made from whole food ingredients…and shockingly I’ve been pretty satisfied. I’ve been loving having a Cashew Coconut Carrot Cake Bite after lunch and then this amazing 4 ingredient Strawberry Banana Coconut Ice Cream after dinner.
No it’s not the perfect solution to my sugar addiction but hey you have to find some balance in your life and I know I’d sure as hell prefer to get my sugar from a natural source like strawberries than some fake nasty ass chemicals.
Strawberry Banana Coconut Ice Cream
So let’s talk a little more about this delicious ice cream!
I love this recipe for a few reasons:
- you don’t need an ice cream maker (just a food processor)
- you only need 4 ingredients
- it tastes amazing (no icy, nasty texture I promise)
- you can seriously make it in 2 minutes
WIN WIN WIN!
Plus since the only ingredients are strawberries, bananas, coconut milk and vanilla extract not only are you satisfying your sweet tooth but are also giving your body a ton of nutrients.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Roughly chop up frozen bananas and strawberries then place into your food processor.
- Then add your coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix your ingredients together for about 2-3 minutes or until creamy. You may need to add a little extra coconut milk if you want a super creamy texture.
- Enjoy right away if you like softer ice cream or you can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for about 2 weeks
- If storing this ice cream for later give it a couple minutes outside the freezer to soften up before digging in.
Do you sometimes feel like you’re addicted to sugar?
What healthy treats do you enjoy?
Do you have any healthy ice cream recipes?