When I go grocery shopping I typically try to avoid the frozen section…mostly because I have 0 self control and if ice cream or frozen pizza is on sale there’s a pretty good chance it’s ending up in my cart.
BUT there are some a frozen products that I love and that are actually pretty darn healthy.
So for this edition of “Friday Favorites” I wanted to share some of my favorite freezer finds and would love to know from you all what frozen products you’ve been loving.
My Favorite Frozen Foods:
1. Hilary’s Veggie Burgers- These are my favorite veggie burgers EVER. Not only do they taste delicious but they’re made with whole food ingredients, are gluten free, organic, kosher, non-gmo and vegan. I love tossing these on top of a pre-made salad or just eating them alone as a healthy snack. Hilary’s also makes dressings, veggie sausages and veggie bites that I’m dying to try!
2. Trader Joe’s Frozen Rice- I don’t know how Trader Joe’s always makes the most incredible products but their frozen rice is honestly better than any rice I’ve ever tried cooking myself. I’m currently obsessed with the Organic Jasmine Rice and Organic Brown Rice then throwing some veggies and protein on top for a quick stir-fry meal. YUM!
3. Amy’s Bowls- So funny story about how I was introduced to Amy’s Bowls… When my friend Cara was pregnant with her first baby all she would eat for lunch was an Amy’s bowl. After months of smelling these delicious bowls I finally tried one myself and have been hooked ever since. My favorites are the Mexican Casserole, Cheese & Kale Bake, Broccoli & Cheddar Bake, Country Cheddar Bowl and Santa Fe Enchilada Bowl. These really are the perfect meal for lunch or for a quick dinner when you don’t feel like cooking.
4. Sambazon Acai Packets- Let’s be honest here…it’s a hell of a lot easier to just order an acai bowl at your local smoothie place but spending $10/ bowl a couple times a week just isn’t in my budget. That’s why I was SO EXCITED a few months ago when I stumbled upon Sambazon’s individual 100 calorie acai packs at Costco. It takes like 30 seconds to whip these up and then you can top them with whatever fruits, veggies, granola, nuts…etc you want!
5. Edamame- I always have a bag of edamame in my freezer for when I need a quick, healthy and high protein snack. Trader Joe’s sells both shelled and un-shelled edamame that I just zap in the microwave (yes, I know this isn’t the best way to cook it) then top with some salt.
What are some of your freezer staples?
What are some frozen foods you’ve been loving lately?
Have you ever tried Amy’s bowls?