Hey, hey, hey!
I just got home from a work trip to Portland and am already craving an almond milk latte from Barista and drunken wings from Bang Bang mmmmmmmm.
Before this trip to Portland I had only been to the city once and was really only there for 24 hours so this was my first full on Portland foodie experience and you guys…it didn’t disappoint.
But since I’m honestly falling asleep trying to watch this NBA playoff game and catch up on emails I just wanted to give you all a quick little recap of all the awesome places I ate this weekend.
Enjoy and be warned there’s some serious food porn in this post.
Portland wouldn’t be Portland without the countless amounts of cute cafes and hip breakfast joints. Honestly, there are HUNDREDS of breakfast/ coffee places in Portland but here’s where I ate and would highly recommend going:
- Broder Nord- This is a Swedish breakfast/ brunch place that serves up some delicious food. I ordered an almond milk latte (obsessed), the baked egg scramble with mushrooms, chevre and greens, the world’s most generous side of bacon AND our server gave us a complimentary order of their Swedish doughnuts. A+ service and A++ food!
- Harlow- This may be the cutest restaurant I’ve ever been to. It’s very rustic and serves mostly vegan food. We went for breakfast but I was also told their lunch/ dinner is incredible. I ordered a latte with homemade cashew-hazlenut milk, a green juice and the farmers vegetable scramble which was eggs, seasonal roasted vegetables and dark greens all tossed in chipotle cashew hollandaise…YES PLEASE!
- Barista- Talk about a cute coffee shop! Barista has multiple locations in Portland and was such a great place to pop in for a quick cup of quality coffee. I had my favorite almond milk latte of the entire trip here! GO!
Pretty much the best breakfast EVER from Broder Nord and yes they consider 5 pieces of perfectly crispy bacon a side. OBSESSED!
My farmers vegetable scramble from Harlow…absolutely amazing!
This was actually my coworker’s breakfast from Harlow but it looked damn good! He ordered the Harlow Rancheros which was eggs, roasted squash & potatoes, caramelized onions, dark greens & slow roasted tomatoes tossed in a walnut basil pesto, topped with roasted walnuts, served with rice or quinoa…INSANE!
Oh just the prettiest and most delicious latte ever from Barista.
I am still in awe over the meals I ate in Portland. The food was all so unique, fresh and absolutely delicious. While we didn’t make it to all the places we wanted to eat at (Pok Pok, OX and Bamboo are still on the to do list) we did end up at some incredible must try restaurants like the ones below:
- Bang Bang- Okay, this may have been my favorite meal of the entire trip and maybe even my favorite meal ever. Bang Bang is a gluten free and dairy free Thai restaurant specializing in curry, small bites and drinks. I’m not lying when I say we ordered almost everything on the menu and were OBSESSED with everything. You must order the drunken wings, chinese broccoli (add egg), all the skewers and the panang curry…SO GOOD!
- Por Que No?- This is a fun little hole in the wall taco joint. They have some of the best chips and guac I’ve ever had and their tacos are packed with flavor. I highly recommend the carnitas, barbacoa and al pastor tacos.
- Blossoming Lotus- This is a 100% vegan restaurant offering some of the most delicious vegan food I’ve ever had. We went for brunch/ lunch and immediately saw the giant cinnamon roll with cashew cream cheese and had to order it…HOLY AMAZING! For the actual food I ordered the thai wrap which had the most delicious peanut sauce and contained something called soy curls which I’m now OBSESSED with.
Tacos all day please!
It was way too dark inside Bang Bang to take any pictures of the food but you honestly just need to go experience the amazing-ness for yourself because no picture could even do it justice.
[Tweet “Eating my way through Portland…my favorite restaurants! #PDX #PDXFoodie”]
Have you ever been to Portland?
What’s your favorite restaurant in Portland?
Have you been to any of these places? Thoughts?