Health Benefits Of Coconut Water
- Hydrates the body- Coconut water is an excellent thirst quencher! Because of its electrolyte composition, coconut water is also used to rehydrate the body in case of dehydration and fluid loss due to diarrhea, vomiting or excessive sweating.
- Lowers blood pressure- Coconut water is considered good for controlling high blood pressure, thanks to its vitamin C, potassium and magnesium content. Potassium, in particular, helps lower blood pressure by balancing out the negative effects of sodium.
- Relieves hangovers- Coconut water is also a great natural remedy for hangovers. Alcohol robs your body of hydration and this dehydration causes your morning-after booze blues. Coconut water replenishes the electrolytes in the body and boosts hydration, thus making you feel better. Also, the antioxidants in this revitalizing health drink fight oxidative stress caused by indulging in too much alcohol. It will also help settle an acid stomach…yes please!
- Promotes weight loss- Coconut water is an ideal drink for weight loss. It is low in calories and easy on the stomach. In fact, this light and refreshing drink contains various bioactive enzymes that aid digestion and boost fat metabolism.Plus, coconut water is rich in potassium, which helps balance out sodium. Excess sodium in the body tends to cause water retention, contributing to water weight and bloating. Thus, coconut water helps flush out excess water as well as toxins from your body.
- Treats headaches- Most headaches, even migraines, are triggered by dehydration. In such cases, coconut water can be of great help in supplying electrolytes to the body and boosting hydration.Coconut water is also rich in magnesium. People who suffer from migraines often have low levels of magnesium. Studies also suggest that magnesium can help reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
- Natural diuretic- Coconut water acts as a natural diuretic. Thus, it promotes urine production and flow, cleansing your body of toxins. It also helps prevent problems like urinary tract infections.
- Slows down aging- Coconut water contains cytokinins that have anti-aging effects on cells and tissues. This reduces the risk of developing degenerative and age-related diseases.
[Tweet “7 incredible health benefits of coconut water”]
[Tweet “Hydrating coconut water smoothie recipe!”]
Do you drink coconut water?
How do you re-hydrate after spending hours on a plane?
Any fun travel plans coming up?