One of my favorite things to eat when dining out is sushi.
Anddd we’re not talking the healthy sushi rolls. I LOVE the tempura rolls, creamy rolls and those insanely delicious baked rolls.
Obviously eating like this all the time isn’t ideal BUT you guys I’ve found a way to basically enjoy fatty sushi rolls in a healthy way!
How you ask?
By simply putting a thin layer of high quality mayonnaise (I like Chosen Foods) onto fish before baking it. The result is a rich, creamy, moist, delicious fish that you can feel good about eating since it’s packed with healthy fats and other nutrients.
Chosen Foods Mayo
So let’s back up and talk about Chosen Foods mayo for a second.
I first discovered this stuff when I did my 21 Day Sugar Detox and was desperately searching for condiments that weren’t loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients.
I’ll be honest when I saw the $8.99 price tag for a jar of mayonnaise I was hesitant but Chosen Foods really does make a very high quality product that is absolutely worth the money.
Just check out the difference in ingredients between Chosen Foods mayo and Kraft Mayo:
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo: Avocado Oil, Organic Whole Eggs, Filtered Water, Organic Distilled White Vinegar, Egg Yolks, Organic Honey, Organic Mustard (Organic Mustard Seed, Organic Vinegar, Organic Spices), Salt, Organic Rosemary Extract
- Kraft Mayo With Olive Oil: Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor.
Ummmm give me the mayo without soy, that contains organic ingredients and isn’t filled with preservatives ALL DAY!
3 Ingredient Creamy Coconut Salmon
Back to the real reason you’re here…the recipe.
For this salmon I used Chosen Food’s new coconut oil mayo which is absolutely delicious!
This recipe can be prepped, cooked and on your table in less than 15 minutes so stop reading and get cooking!
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets (4-6 oz each)
- 4 tbsp Chosen Foods coconut oil mayo (you'll use 1 tbsp per fillet)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (minced)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 450
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the salmon fillets on it skin side down (obviously)
- Sprinkle a little salt, pepper and garlic powder on top of the fillets then spread 1 tbsp of mayo onto each fillet covering the entire top of the fish then sprinkle a little dill on top of each
- Bake for about 10 minutes then serve immediately
- This fish is great served with broccoli, green beans, asparagus...etc for a complete meal!
First simply spread an even layer of Chosen Foods mayo onto each salmon fillet and sprinkle with a little bit of fresh dill.
The result is a creamy, rich and absolutely delicious piece of salmon mmmm!
What’s your favorite roll to order when you go out for sushi?
Have you ever tried Chosen Foods mayo?
What’s your favorite way to make salmon?