Hi from Minnesota…again!
Yep, I’m back out in the Mid West for work and am completely exhausted from this time change so this is going to be a short, quick and to the point blog post.
Just in case you all forget…the 4th of July is TUESDAY!
I have no idea how this holiday snuck up so fast but what I do know is that I have an absolutely delicious (and festive) fruit salad recipe to share!
Enjoy and I hope you all have a safe and Happy 4th! I’ll be back to blogging the week of July 10th when I get back from this work trip and my mini vacation.
Red, White & Blue Fruit Salad
To me there is nothing more delicious than fruit with goat cheese. Well, let’s be honest anything with goat cheese is delicious.
This festive fruit salad combines the sweet flavors of blueberries and strawberries with creamy goat cheese and then is brightened by a hint of mint.
I promise if you make this for your 4th of July party you and your guests are going to LOVE IT! Plus, everyone always appreciates having a healthy option among all the chips, dips, cookies, crackers…etc.
- 1 package of strawberries (washed & cut in half or quarters)
- 1 package of blueberries (washed)
- 10-15 mint leaves (minced)
- 2-4 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- Combine strawberries, blueberries and mint leaves into a large bowl
- If serving right away toss the berry mixture with the goat cheese, if not serving right away don't toss with the goat cheese until right before serving
- All ingredients from Trader Joes
Are you as obsessed with goat cheese as I am?
What’s your favorite healthy thing to bring to a 4th of July BBQ?
Any fun 4th of July plans?