As the weather heats up for summer I find myself less and less motivated to cook.
Just the other night I was sitting in my car before yoga sweating to death trying to think of something for dinner and nothing sounded good but a smoothie. Obviously I can’t live off smoothies (I wish) so Bryce and I ended up just going to Trader Joe’s and grabbing a couple salads…easy, healthy, done!
BUT going to the grocery store every day is a pain so I really got thinking about some super quick and healthy meal options.
Well, when I was at Trader Joe’s picking up dinner I saw it…yep saw one of my favorite products of all time…their fresh bruschetta sauce.
I’m OBSESSED with this stuff and normally use it to make an awesome lentil dip but on this hot summer day post hot yoga (side note…I may be crazy for still going to hot yoga when it’s 90 degrees) but my mind immediately went to throwing that sauce onto some chicken, serving it over zoodles and calling it dinner.
And wa-lah my 4 Ingredient Bruschetta Chicken Zoodles “recipe” was created.
- 4 6 oz chicken breasts
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 container of Trader Joe's fresh bruschetta sauce
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- spray oil for grill
- Wash your zucchini and using a spiralizer (or any other tool to make zoodles) create a big bowl of zoodles and set aside
- Heat grill to medium-high heat - spray grill with a little oil (I like coconut oil or avocado) - then place your chicken down - sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder and grill for 5-6 mins on each side
- Once your chicken is done put some zoodles on a plate - slice up your chicken - put in on top of your zoodles and then top it off with a couple tablespoons of Trader Joe's bruschetta
- Don't have a grill? You can also bake your chicken breasts in the oven or by using a crockpot.
- oven: preheat oven to 375 and bake chicken for 15-20 mins or until no longer pink in the center
- crockpot: cook chicken on high for 2-2.5 hours
Mmmmm it’s just too delicious!
The perfect summer meal!
This is the Trader Joe’s bruschetta sauce I use and am obsessed!
What’s your go-to summer meal?
What’s your favorite Trader Joe’s product?
Have you tried Trader Joe’s bruschetta sauce before?
**p.s. if you don’t own a spiralizer yet GET ON BOARD! Turning your veggies into “pasta” makes getting your greens so much easier. This is the one I use and I love it. I’ve had it for almost 4 years and it still works great.