Let’s take a minute and talk about Halloween candy shall we?
That sh*t is AWFUL for you!
Just how awful…check out these nutrition facts on some of the most popular Halloween candies:
- Rolo Caramels in Milk Chocolate: 1 Rolo (6g): 27 calories, 0.9 g sat fat, 3.7 grams sugar
- Wonka Mini Laffy Taffy: 1 mini taffy (8.6g): 30 calories, 0.3g sat fat, 4.2g sugar
- Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures: 1 miniature (8.6g): 42 calories, 1.4 g sat fat, 4.4g sugar
- Starburst Fun Size: 2 Starburst candies: 40 calories, 0.8g sat fat, 6g sugar
- Smarties: 1 roll (7g): 25 calories, 0g fat, 6g sugar
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Fun Size: 1 bar (0.49 oz): 77 calories, 2.7g sat fat, 7g sugar
- Kit Kat Wafer Bar, Snack Size: 1 bar (0.49 oz/14g): 70 calories, 2.3g sat fat, 7g sugar
- Reese’s Pieces Snack Size: 1 bag (13g): 67 calories, 2.7g sat fat, 7.3g sugar
When I think about the holidays I never sit there dreaming about potatoes, cookies, ham, pie, rolls or anything like that.
I have one thing on my mind and that is CHEESE! Specifically fancy goat cheese logs and anything involving brie!
It’s an addiction!
Last year I shared my pishacio goat cheese log and this year It’s time to share my other favorite holiday cheese appetizer: Brie & Fig Bites. The sweet flavor of the figs perfectly compliments the buttery brie creating the BEST flavor combination ever- trust me!
Summer is here and what does that mean?
I’m currently loving watermelon juice, watermelon salads, plain watermelon, grilled watermelon, watermelon beer and especially these delicious Watermelon Caprese Bites.
Besides being delicious watermelon is also incredibly good for you. It’s packed with Vitamin C, contains powerful antioxidants like lycopene and even acts as a natural electrolyte replacer due to it’s high potassium levels.